Will I Have Problems With Sanding?

Im planning on building a chambered body with a paduk/ quilted maple top, and I was told to be careful when sanding because the dust from the paduk can embedd into the maple, and discolor it. First off..is that true, and if so, how do I go about sanding the top then? The malpe wil run the center 4 inches. I have never heard of that before now.

When I made the guitar in my avatar (from top to back: padauk, maple lam, bloodwood lam, maple core, bloodwood lam, maple lam, padauk), I found that my maple did turn a bit pink when sanding. However, I don't know if the padauk or the bloodwood was the culprit (or if it was both).

I ended up sanding the sides along the plane of the laminates (if that makes sense), so that the red dust didn't get on the maple. I also carefully sanded the maple core being careful not to cross into the colored woods. The maple laminations are still a bit pink, but I think I could have avoided this by going over it with a scraper. Maybe wes' denatured alcohol suggestion would have worked too, but my instinct tells me that this would have embedded the color deeper (but my instinct has been wrong before, so I'm probably wrong on that).

I had a problem keeping the oils from the padauk from being lifted by cloths soaked with acetone. I think sealing the maple off with shellac was recommended to me although this will sand straight off in your case! Perhaps masking off the maple when you get to higher grit sanding, and using a foam sanding pad instead, so you don't remove the tape?