BTW,

Just a note: My attorney has advised me to notify everyone that that this Radius jig I have submitted to the PG members is my intellectual Property and is now copyrighted, please do not reproduce any photos or plans other than for personal use. I am hereby giving permission as of 5/15/2007 to PG members to build this radius jig (as is) based on the prototype only, and what documents I produce for PG and its members. The new version will have many modifications that I am currently seeking patent on. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Mike Kroening

Dallas Texas 75234

Your awsome Mike and thank you very much for sharing this with us! Being that this jig is guitar related you have to go with PAF stamp somewhere on the prototype,lol.

Hope you are able to get this think on the market, I know that would really irk the MIMF guys, lol. I enjoyed reading the jig thread and this because you first thought to share with your buddies long before the thought of makin money, thats called character. Best of luck to you my friend and keep us posted on how everything is going. J

Mike: cool! Hope it works out for you, and I'm very much looking forward to trying it out!

Minor note, though: this gratuitous MIMF bashing is getting tiring. Their rules are (perhaps excessively) restrictive, but it is a tremendous resource, probably the best single instrument building resource on the web available at no cost, anywhere, when it comes to their library and forum. Not everyone can get along with the moderation, but they've still managed to create a great community over there.

Mike: cool! Hope it works out for you, and I'm very much looking forward to trying it out!

Minor note, though: this gratuitous MIMF bashing is getting tiring. Their rules are (perhaps excessively) restrictive, but it is a tremendous resource, probably the best single instrument building resource on the web available at no cost, anywhere, when it comes to their library and forum. Not everyone can get along with the moderation, but they've still managed to create a great community over there.

Thanks Matt,

I agree on the other, I hope you noticed that I apologized to anyone that I offended in the thread. If MIMF members want to use this they are welcome as well to come here and get the info as posted here at PG. If by chance they ask me to post it there I will with the same disclaimer

MK

BTW,

Just a note: My attorney has advised me to notify everyone that that this Radius jig I have submitted to the PG members is my intellectual Property and is now copyrighted, please do not reproduce any photos or plans other than for personal use. I am hereby giving permission as of 5/15/2007 to PG members to build this radius jig (as is) based on the prototype only, and what documents I produce for PG and its members. The new version will have many modifications that I am currently seeking patent on. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Mike Kroening

Dallas Texas 75234

Wow Mike. Let us know how the patent process goes. I've heard that they can be expensive. YMMV.

I also appreciate the copyright notice. Lord knows how I feel about copyright infringement.

Good luck with it!

I get ya Mattia and it wasn't meant to be a bashing. I understand their need for rules, but I also felt that Mike was trying to do something nice for some friends and got insulted for it. Obviously, it was against their rules, no biggie, but I bet it could have been handled much better than it was, especially considering the favor Mike was doing for them. I bet Einstein wasn't that thoughtful :D I had checked out that site before I ever came here and it has a ton of great buiders and as you mentioned an immense amount of information, all of that considered it still doesn't mean you can't pm and talk with someone about how to make a compromise before they become insulted, by erasing everything. Everything with his sharing went smooth here and everyone was grateful and I will bet that many of the people MIMF will come here to find the thread because it is highly valuable information for a builder. If it was a worthless post or something pointless no big deal, but he was genuinely trying to do something nice and that bothered me. I am glad the whole thing is resolved and meant no disrespect to that community, but as I said many of their own members will likely be bothered that they missed out on such good info and will be strolling by PG :D .

I get ya Mattia and it wasn't meant to be a bashing. I understand their need for rules, but I also felt that Mike was trying to do something nice for some friends and got insulted for it. Obviously, it was against their rules, no biggie, but I bet it could have been handled much better than it was, especially considering the favor Mike was doing for them. I bet Einstein wasn't that thoughtful :D I had checked out that site before I ever came here and it has a ton of great buiders and as you mentioned an immense amount of information, all of that considered it still doesn't mean you can't pm and talk with someone about how to make a compromise before they become insulted, by erasing everything. Everything with his sharing went smooth here and everyone was grateful and I will bet that many of the people MIMF will come here to find the thread because it is highly valuable information for a builder. If it was a worthless post or something pointless no big deal, but he was genuinely trying to do something nice and that bothered me. I am glad the whole thing is resolved and meant no disrespect to that community, but as I said many of their own members will likely be bothered that they missed out on such good info and will be strolling by PG :D .

Thanks for the support JM,Mucho appreciated, I think this is now a dead issue and we need to move forward. I have asked Setch if he might contact Deb and see if we can find a way to share this with MIMF as well.

Thanks again,

sincerely Mike

BTW,

Mike Kroening

Dallas Texas 75234

Wow Mike. Let us know how the patent process goes. I've heard that they can be expensive. YMMV.

I also appreciate the copyright notice. Lord knows how I feel about copyright infringement.

Good luck with it!

Thanks,

I do know it is a long expensive process. Looks like 7k or more(most likely more) and most likely a year or better.

and that means nothing gained only that I get the patent ( if all goes well) and still no return on the dollars, so we will see what happens???? Oh well the process begins!!!

MK

Edited by MiKro
BTW,

Mike Kroening

Dallas Texas 75234

Good luck with it!

Thanks,

I do know it is a long expensive process. Looks like 7k or more(most likely more) and most likely a year or better.

and that means nothing gained only that I get the patent ( if all goes well) and still no return on the dollars, so we will see what happens???? Oh well the process begins!!!

MK

Yeah, thats the tough part putting up the money for the patent. I have an idea for a fishing lure that I honestly feel would be success as far as sales. I just don't know how to go about getting it out there without one of the other companies coming out with something similar before I do and ruining what I have. I have fished all my life and have seen almost every lure ever made and this is a completely unique idea and is something that would be appealing for both highly experienced anglers and newcomers.

So, I wish you the best of luck with everything and please keep us posted on how that goes. You might want to give a PM to Kevin, the guy who came up with the Tremol-no, he might have some good advice for you as well. He is an extremely busy guy as of late, so I don't know how quickly he could get back to you, but it might be worth your while. Good luck!

Edited by jmrentis

BTW: I was asked privately about the Grizzly Radius Jig, and yes my prototype was based somewhat on this for Fretboard radius using a router table instead of an expensive belt sander

Grizzly offers a belt sander attachment that does the same thing as my prototype but only fits one particular belt it sells for $400+. Therefore the idea for the fretboard radius is not new as is using a pendulum either, just a different type of machine doing the work, thus the reason for sharing this with you.

Now the mods and changes I have made (which I have not shown) are totally outside what could be done with the sanding jig, or a pure pendulim setup so my quest for patent. Just an FYI if anyone is wondering.

Mike

Edited by MiKro
I was going to point out about Grizzlys and that Warmoth have a very similar attachment for their radius too. Still very nice and creative.

Thanks Maiden,

I wish I could show the rest cause it's really cool. but it does nothing for guitar building, LOL:))

MK