IMG_0343.jpg

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/lowendfuzz/misc/

its a set neck with an inlaid 'pickguard'

1 tone 1 volume with 3 way

its getting a coat of red sodona stain that really helps match the colour variations that i hate;

the neck and body are from 2 sources and even though the body is from the same, when wet it has more of colour difference than body to neck; ah well

If you hate mahogany you can send me all you have :D

I came in here to say the same!

I like the inlaid pickguard btw

the colour variation ; imean how it looks like the body is cut from 2 different slabs; like the neck was;

i dont like mahogonys muddiness and i dont trust it for necks (bass(and dont like the extra routing for reenforcing rods)) but when a piece of mahogony comes into the shop everything turns that light brown, and its impossible to keep up with cleaning;

but its definatly the fastest wood to work with; after my gluing was done all this only took a little over a week and all the carving is done now;

**** ones from stew mac;

i was asked to keep the cost down any way i could so i told him to go with the cheap pickups, cause theyre the easiset thing to change when he gets more money; originally he asked for a pj setup, but i showed him how dorky a pj setup would look on an sg and so we ended up w/ this

just showing the set neck (with ebony trans. heel)

waiting for my gf to finish "her" build and we can finish them together

i decided on going with the wipe on poly for her her so its easy and for me because buddy wants a rubbed look but hes a rocker so it needs some protection

IMG_0350.jpg

and a few more pics

• 4 weeks later...

going to level the finish a little before i put on the last few coats; but this is comig along nicely for a project that is unlike what i usually make

ie. first set neck; actually carved at the joint as oppose to a bolt on stlye that is glued;

inlaid pickguard

and zero fret; which im starting to dig

hope it looks as nice to you :D

DSC_0395.jpg

i thought i was so clever inlaying the pickguard; then i visted LeCompte's site...................bastard.

if anyone hasnt seen this guy, he is definatly worth checking out; such intricate creativity, on a pretty big scale!

heres some other progress shots with some other ones of me standing stoned w/ my bass

thanx for looking!