The Evh Frakenstein Guitar

What in the world? A guitar that they say in the site, didn't cost him more than $150 to make is sold at $25,000 and isn't even the actual guitar, just a replica. Yeah right!!! Man, I am seriously at a loss, I can't even say something funny about how crazy it is, its just crazy. Here for $25,000 you can have this fake, mangled, POS, that looks like an old guitar. Sorry, that blows my mind, I'd rather try to copy his concept by making my own for $150 in parts than spend $25,000 for $150 guitar someone else made, lol. Plus, I think making your own frankenstein(of you own design) pays more respects to the man than that worthless thing. Thanks for brightening my day Bentwood, I got a kick out of that. J

Edited by jmrentis

way over priced it is a strat no big deal there are a lot of nice strats out there. for the money you can buy more guitar for your money.

when I look at this guitar it reminds me of my younger day I love the old VanHallen. and when Eddie is hot it's magic. the guitar looks like it was put together just in time to play [go to the gig ] ask any player that has got to the gig and had trouble with there guitar it might end up looking something like this.

from what I have read and maybe others have read the same thing. this was a low budget guitar when first built in the late 70s and what ever worked at the time was it. now it is being reproduced for a inflated price.

I'm with jmrentis on this one try and find your own creation [Frankenstein of you own design] then when people ask you what kind of guitar you play you can say with all the pride in the world I built this guitar

Edited by prs man

Everything EVH is trademarked. You can't even build and sell another guitar with the "space-tape" paint job without his permission.

If you thought the guitar was overpriced, wait until you see the 5150III amp and cab. $3100 for a Fender-made, mass-produced half stack!

Back when he signed on with Peavey to build the Wolfgangs, I distinctly remember an article in Guitar World where he commented that he got sick of EBMM's inability to get the guitars out fast enough and at a price an average kid could afford. I guess he's figured that the last of his fans are now old enough to have enough money to cash in.

Someone also asked Hartley Peavey about EVH. He said, "I've never seen someone ask for so much and give so little in return." In the time that Ed was with Peavey, he released two greatest hits albums and one new album that tanked. In ten years, Peavey got nothing out of his endorsement. Then right when Satch signs with Peavey on the JSX, EVH storms off like a little kid who got sand thrown at him.

Hope Fender's investment pays off. Sure didn't work well for Kramer, EBMM, or Peavey.

I agree that those deals were just godawful, and EVH is a questionable character. But I wouldn't say they got "nothing". The original EBMM sold well enough, and became the Axis which sells well. It was the exposure via Ed's endorsement that the shape caught on. The Wolfgang is already a modern classic, though I personally prefer the EBMM guitar. And the 5150, while being IMO a bit of a "one trick pony" sold very widely and was used by a number of other 'name' artists as well.

I don't know about Kramer. They're still associated with EVH in many ways, but I can't say that their deal was lucrative or not... I don't know enough about that particular era.

Fender will be the only ones losing out *UNLESS* the amp is so good that it stands out -regardless- of his name. The name can help push it into some people's radar, but it'll be the quality of the amp that makes it or breaks it. If it's mediocre for that price, it'll tank badly. But reviewers for most of the major guitar magazines are surprisingly objective-- I think if it's a great amp, it'll get a push and EVH's name won't hurt.

Greg

Fender DOES make great, strong amps, but this is pushing the boutique range on price!

I agree that Peavey didn't do without, but the fact of the matter is that he used the Wolfgang on two tours that nobody watched. They got great exposure with the 5150 amp, but they should have pressed him to retain the rights to the "5150" mark. It'll be interesting to see if the Wolfgang II guitar ever sees the light of day.

Oh im positive they will sell (no problem there) collectors WILL snatchem up, When i first saw the (clone) i said man thats a pretty ugly(you know what) then i saw the price(started laughing :D instantly) like Jmrentis said you could make one for 150$ easy(and prob play as good) dont get me wrong here they come out with repro,s all the time but that ugly(you know what) is way WAY>>>>>>>>>Way priced to high and im sure evh had something to do with that. :D

like to know what everyone thinks of this bugger (25000$) yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

http://www.guitarcenter.com/evh/

There's oneborn every minute so eventually some mug will pay the $25,000 for this piece of crap.

That ridiculous price tag could only be justified if it were attached to an original '57 Strat or a 63 Tele or a '56 Goldtop, otherwise forget it.

Samba might be onto something, maybe this is a devious plan to get people to build their own so that the company can find and sue the group of people that decide to build one, for much more than the actual price that guitar would sell at. Hmmm. evil geniuses much?