Build #3, Baritone Singlecut

Amazing! The guitar is beautiful, and the pictures are great too. I would have done the volute differently, but that is just personal taste. Still, this looks fantastic! Mind if I save some pics to my computer as wallpaper? :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful. Everything fits together very well and looks great. Simple, elegant, yet enough fine detailing to keep it interesting.

I would be curious to see how it looks with chrome covers on the pickups, though... but I'm kind of a sucker for covered humbuckers.

It keeps 'em clean, if anything. Depending on how the pickups on my guitar look (for some reason, the stewmac mounting rings seem to leave a LOT of extra space 'round the outside of the pickups...) I might get a pair of EMG-style covers, to keep a nice clean look and fill in the gap around the bobbins.

The matching truss rod cover gets me. Nice dark headstock, then that cover just pops with the same scheme as the body. Brilliant!!!

It's little details like that, which squeezes the whole theme of a guitar together and unifies all the design aspects.

Now then.... YOUTUBE that sucka! We need to hear it!

Thanks everybody! I'm glad you like it!

Mind if I save some pics to my computer as wallpaper? :D

He he, go ahead! Aren't they too small for that?

I would be curious to see how it looks with chrome covers on the pickups, though... but I'm kind of a sucker for covered humbuckers.

Yeah, I've thought about that too, might increase the retro feeling a little. I don't know if I can find covers with the correct pole spacing (trembucker in bridge position...) here in Sweden though, and if I do they're probably really expensive. I'll definitely get some if I order some other stuff from guitarpartsresource again.

Christmas is just a few months away, and I know what I want under the tree :D

Been a good boy this year then?

Now then.... YOUTUBE that sucka! We need to hear it!

Somehow I don't think my little digital camera will capture the sound to well... And I don't have a proper video camera.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I've thought about that too, might increase the retro feeling a little. I don't know if I can find covers with the correct pole spacing (trembucker in bridge position...) here in Sweden though, and if I do they're probably really expensive. I'll definitely get some if I order some other stuff from guitarpartsresource again.

What is the pole spacing on your pickups? gmf.se carries 49, 50 and 52.5 mm spaced covers in crome. 150 spänn each (that 25$ for you non-swedish folks). I might even have some unused covers laying around. Unsure about pole spacing right now...

PM me if interested.

What is the pole spacing on your pickups? gmf.se carries 49, 50 and 52.5 mm spaced covers in crome. 150 spänn each (that 25$ for you non-swedish folks). I might even have some unused covers laying around. Unsure about pole spacing right now...

PM me if interested.

The spacing is 49 mm on the neck pickup and 52,5 mm on the bridge pickup. It just bothers me a little that the total cost for getting two pickup covers from across the Atlantic costs 35$ and getting them from GMF a 100 km away costs 67$... I usually order stuff from GMF through Musikbörsen in Uppsala though, no shipping costs to pay then. Still more expensive than getting stuff from the US though...

PM sent!

I tend to stay away from GMF as much as possible...The markups are just ridiculous, and considering I usually get stuff from Stewmac to my door in 36h I don't really see the point of doing business with them. Bought some small stuff from them on fuzz guitar show when the prices where ok. also had a look at the necks they displayed but where less than excited about the quality.

I tend to stay away from GMF as much as possible...The markups are just ridiculous, and considering I usually get stuff from Stewmac to my door in 36h I don't really see the point of doing business with them. Bought some small stuff from them on fuzz guitar show when the prices where ok. also had a look at the necks they displayed but where less than excited about the quality.

I totally agree with you. If I can get stuff both cheaper and faster from USA than from GMF, why buy from them? The fact that they have gotten some competition from gitarrdelar.se actually seems to have made them lower the prices on some stuff, but they're still really expensive... Just one example, the nitrocellulose spray cans I used to clearcoat the guitar cost twice as much from GMF compared to Slöjddetaljer... and gitarrdelar.se charges 30 kr less than GMF for the same spray can.

why not get chrome covers without holes Pukko?

Yes, that would be an option I guess. It gives a cleaner look, but traditional covers with holes look more... traditional which is the reason I'm considering covers at all. I think I'll go for those if I decide to use covers. Nice to be able to adjust the polepieces too.