I Turned A Dog Into A Player

Basis for mod: $60 Squier Bullet

click

th_squier62.jpg

Body painted Rustoleum Harbor Blue, Minwax gloss poly clear. Neck finished in Reranch neck amber and Rustoleum gloss clear lacquer.

click

th_070623012.jpg th_070623011.jpg th_070623010.jpg

th_070623009.jpg th_070623008.jpg th_070623004.jpg

Tusq nut, Diesel Alnico pups, GFS Kluson kindalike tuners, mint green guard, "aged" knobs and covers, stock bridge and wiring, custom "non-Fender" decal.

Total cost: under $150.

This guitar went from being a turd that never got played into something that looks, sounds and plays like a guitar many, many times its price. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Awwww yeeeah. :D

Great overhaul there marksound. Looks killer.

That reminds me, I bought some of that Rustoleum Harbour Blue to paint a tele with a while back. Yours gives me a good idea of how it would look (except for a white pearloid guard). Now to finish my LP so I can get to it :D .

Once again, nice "dog" do-over.

personally, I'd be tempted to try some of the amber over the body to tone down that blue a bit. It looks just a little too harsh for me but that's just my opinion, overall you've done a great job. That decal is great but it looks like a Squier in the thumbnail...sorry, I feel like I'm being really negative, I don't mean to be :D

personally, I'd be tempted to try some of the amber over the body to tone down that blue a bit. It looks just a little too harsh for me but that's just my opinion, overall you've done a great job. That decal is great but it looks like a Squier in the thumbnail...sorry, I feel like I'm being really negative, I don't mean to be :D

Not negative at all. The clear has a bit of amber tint that doesn't show up in the pics. It's not quite as "electric" in person. As for the decal, it's part of a theme I started on my parts guitars. Blackie, Brownie, Blondie, now Sonic. Shamocasters. :D

Heck no! I love the blue. :D

Off topic: nice amp Rick! (and dog)

The guard is mint, the covers and knobs are "aged".

Muzz, it's the stock hardtail, which I found out is about 1/8" to 3/16" wider than a normal trem baseplate. Had to trim the pickguard to fit.

John, all I did was put on a Tusq nut with a slightly wider string spacing. The frets were very nice, no extra work required.

I should say that this is one of the Indonesian models built by Cort. I think the current Bullet models have a CY serial number. Don't know about the quality.

Thanks for the compliments. :D