Summer Projects

Looking great!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have decided to have some fun.

I spoke to Tim at Bare Knuckle pickups yesterday and he suggested some of his miracle men pickups which are a passive pickup designed to sound similar (but better of course) than EMG's. Its an unusual choice of pickups for me but this one will be sold and i know what my market is

http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZH-miracleman.html

Anyway, Tim offers a great custom service with loads of custom finishes on top. I went for a combination of two of my favorite options. Wartorn and chemically aged (camo)

th_industrial_211.jpg

th_camo_130.jpg

basically he is going to start with ordinary nickel covers. then he will get the grinder to them for the wartorn look but that wont have the contrast like the one in the picture above so he is going to treat them with etching fluid to get more of an aged look and hopefully a bit more contrast between the base metal and left over nickel

i am also going to be ageing the nickel hardware - but not with a grinder

:D

Maybe an endorsement is in order... BTW Wez, your stuff is too hot to be legal!!! Where do you steal this stuff :D

dont know what you are on about - i hope you are not suggesting i stole this original body shape of mine :D

The inlay is actually a little nod towards the pickup manufacturer because the people on his forum wanted me to document a build on there so i let them give me ideas for it!

Bare Knuckle Pickups dont need my endorsement, they have a great reputation and a busy business anyway.

dont know what you are on about - i hope you are not suggesting i stole this original body shape of mine :D

The inlay is actually a little nod towards the pickup manufacturer because the people on his forum wanted me to document a build on there so i let them give me ideas for it!

Bare Knuckle Pickups dont need my endorsement, they have a great reputation and a busy business anyway.

Not at all implying that. Me Inglish Not So Good... Maybe bareknuckle can endorse you, as in give you free stuff. What I mean by stealing and hot is that everything I see you do is is too hot to touch, a real Mona Lisa of guitar building, a real diamond in the ruff of instrument building.People in the UK are lucky that someone like you is in that area building, how you say, "spot on" instruments.

its ok, i was only winding your up.

I wouldnt ask Tim for free pickups because i repect his product too much. i also wouldnt give free guitars to many people because i expect them to respect my product enough to pay for it!! i dont like the idea of endorsement at all!!

oh, other than the odd bit of grammer your English is not too bad at all!!!! My grammer isnt great either :D

been distressing the hardware:

49.jpg

its not meant to be authenticly reliced or anything - just distressed and then aged!!

also got some wilkinson antiguity tuners that are already aged nickel - but its a bit disneyfied to i removed the buttons and aged them a little more

th_51.jpg

been distressing the hardware:

49.jpg

its not meant to be authenticly reliced or anything - just distressed and then aged!!

also got some wilkinson antiguity tuners that are already aged nickel - but its a bit disneyfied to i removed the buttons and aged them a little more

th_51.jpg

That hardware looks cool! This guitars going to look great when its all together.. I can just tell.

Amazing job, that whole guitar is very nice and the hardware theme is very cool! Very cool stuff.

Make sure you keep with the theme when doing the wiring and make a couple loose grounds and shorts so when playing it goes in and out :D ,jk. Well, keep the pics coming, this is one cool project that is very well done. J