Revelation 3 Color Burst

Here are a few pics of one of the guitars I am currently working on. It's named "Revelation" . The first time a friend of mine saw this body design he said it looked like it was on fire, so I thought I would give it a finish to match.

It has three colors in the burst. First it was shot with lemon yellow, then vintage amber, and Finlay cherry red to finish off the burst. I wanted it to be quite a bit deeper and darker than a traditional cherry burst. I think it came out very nice.

The first three shots were int the shop spray booth and the last was outside. I will post a pic of the back which is all deep cherry red when I get a chance.

All comments welcome.

So tell me what you think.

Mike :D

rev_body_1.jpg

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

I swear the color is so intense on that thing, that in the last pic it straight sucked the color out of the environment!!

Very cool looking finish and very well done!!. Nice stuff man, keep the pic coming. J

Did you sink the TOM so you would not have a neck angle? How does that work out? How does it look once the TOM is installed? I am thinking about doing this on my current project, I was just worried about how it will look once it is installed.

Did you sink the TOM so you would not have a neck angle? How does that work out? How does it look once the TOM is installed? I am thinking about doing this on my current project, I was just worried about how it will look once it is installed.

Lots of companies do this. I like it, too. Note that you'll need string-through as you can't recess a stop tailpiece.

Google for Godin LG as just one example.

--

That looks great, and I agree that a burst for the flame is exactly the right choice for that body. :D

Heh, yeah. There ARE ways you could recess a tailpiece, I suppose. I've yet to see anyone try because there's not much return on investment for effort and planning-- but it'd be neat to see someone give it a go. :D

I just like the way it looks with the bridge recessed very clean look.

Mike :D