What Construction Was Your First Build?

killemall8

neck type  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted set-neck; I don't count my 'assemble warmoth strat from parts' project as a proper build, More of a finish and wiring job than anything else.

Don't build many neck-through, because I have this sort of gut aversion to them in guitars. Love them in basses, but I'd rather have a set neck guitar. Except on my mini headless models. That's different.

(ok, yes, I'm weird.)

My first was a mahogany neckthru, 2nd was a unique design (custom SG), sort of a deep set neck tenon encased in 2 hollowed out body wings. The third was a bolt on tele. I found the neck thru is the easiest but with a neck angle you'd better get it right the first time. :D

My first and second builds were acoustic guitars so I guess they dont fit any of these categories.

Sure they do. Bolt ons are bolt ons, dovetail and glued mortise and tenons are set necks :-P

I was gonna say, but Mattia beat me to it.

I dinked around with bolt ons for a few years, but my first actual from scratch build was a neck thru bass.

Peace,Rich

• 2 weeks later...