Super-sonic Guitar Progress

• 1 month later...

The body sealed

P1010280-1.jpg

and primed.

primed-2.jpg

primed-3.jpg

Going to be laying down some color today. then the clearing begins.

I'm still doing some work on the neck, but plan on starting the finishing process soon on it as well. I also have the pickguard template made and have the material, so I will be making that this weekend.

I'm really enjoying watching this build. I dig little bodies a lot. It's almost like they're toys. Also, with my size (6'4" / 255#), they're a little out of place on me. I might have to make me one of these someday.

I dig what you did with the fret dots. Laying the brass rings, then laying the dot inside that is great. It's an easy way to outline the dot. Little details like this are what make custom jobs so much fun to look at.

I do have one question, though. The neck pocket is barely there! There is just a a shelf with a little bit of a lip on either side of the neck. While this is GREAT for upper access, my concern would be in stability & support. With virtually nothing on the sides, is the pocket stable & secure enough? What would be the long-term issues to look out for on this type of pocket?

Looking good man! I like the color combo.

yeah man thats looking sick

tell you want would be cool if you could somehow rig the scratch plate up with out any screws....it would look mad

not sure how you would do it though

I think I prefer the look of a screwed-on pickguard, but there's plenty of things you can do with tension clips to rig up a screwless look.

ok the hyper-sonic is done! finally! here are some pics. it sounds great, but needs a little more tweaking on the frets. There are a couple that need a little more levelling. but I am really happy with how it all came out for my very first scratch build.

nice job, man! i liked, thanks for sharing!

I liked the depth of the headstock, it is good being lower, because it pulls down the strings better...