interested in mirror & clear jem & rg pickguards

DaveK

I'll make this easy...I have a line on a lazer/plexigalss company that will cut mirror & clear jem & RG pickguards

The more I order, the lower the price for everyone!

Who is interseted & how many would you want?

I need to know by Tuesday at the latest

Serrious inquiries only

Dave

You can, but quantity drives the price WAY down.

If there were 10 or more people that wanted superstrat pickguards, then it would be cost effestive (ball park of about $35 each..or less)

For only 1 it would be about $90

It's all about the set up & design costs of the Lazers

That's why I wanted to see the interest in jems & rg's

However, If 10 or more want superstrats...I can see what the costs would be

Dave

Guest AlexVDL

Hi Dave, I will get more info this week and I will let you know how much one pickguard will cost. It won't be more than $45 for one... and bulk quantities will be less ofcourse!

What materials are you interested in?

As for the jem/rg pickguards, my drawings are 99.9% exact... they fit the original jem blueprint perfectly. Actually the most important measurements are the placements of the screwholes and the routings for the trem, pickups, neck, pots and switch. Those are identical to a original RG pickguard I have here. So those are alligned 100% correctly. Only the outer tracing is drawn from a pickguard scan. So that could be slightly off, but I can assure you it's 99.9% ok. B)

I've drawn a jem from the original blueprints, and I got it routed with a sort of CNC router. The pickguard was laser cut and it fitted the body perfectly, so I don't think there will be a problem.

:D

Guest AlexVDL

Well this is the info I have:

2mm clear plexi pickguards lasercut:

- $40.50 each

- 20 or more pieces $27.50 each

3mm chrome mirrored plexi lasercut:

- $44.50 each

- 20 or more pieces $31.00 each

All prices without shipping.

:D

I used to buy scrap sheets for less than $2 per square foot.

Actually, I can live with an unexact SC p/u hole, since I planned on doing an H/S/H or H/H config anyway. I stopped because the sheet I used was too thin, and there were no adequate sheets on sight.

derek,

I don't have a router. I did everything with just a coping saw, a drill, files and sandpaper. And to emulate a mirror, I put one-way silver tint on it. Came out okay, except for the p/u holes.

Guest AlexVDL

Some people just want the exact Ibanez Jem or RG pickguard for their guitar, and some of them are willing to buy original replacements for 80 bucks. So if they can buy one perfectly lasercut and to original specs for half the price, then that's a great deal IMO :D

Ofcourse you can cut one yourself, but how much is your time worth? Or if you don't have the tools for it then what, buy them? Is it worth the trouble?

You can say it for everything you can buy; like why buy a $3000 les paul if you can build one for 1/6th of the price or why buy a replacement neck for 225 bucks if you can make one for 50? :D

B)