8-string Replacement Build

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so Ive fixed the pickup hight with some new screws and Ive gone with the maple headstock and finished it all in oil. It really came out nice and feels great, I was going to leave it raw but after an hour and a half of playing it just felt odd with the wide neck

pics of the back comeing soon, I cant wait to show off the BANG ON ferrules i love when they come out nice :D my new jig works very nice

Thanks Wes!! Its really a very nice guitar it sounds great, the neck feels wicked and smoth very fast. and the design has really grown on me I seem to be growing out of my spikey pointy ways...............NAH never :D I will be building more of these designs next is another 8 string and then Ill try a sixer

but I have a "few" builds on the back burner that I want to finish

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

RAZARguitars004.jpg

Hey Matt, I just checked up on what you are doing and man, you have come a long way since you started building! That is a beautiful guitar. The details are very nice and it looks like a great player. Nice job.

Good for you for taking all the timeline comments in stride and finishing with a killer axe!

~David

Hey Matt, I just checked up on what you are doing and man, you have come a long way since you started building! That is a beautiful guitar. The details are very nice and it looks like a great player. Nice job.

Good for you for taking all the timeline comments in stride and finishing with a killer axe!

~David

Thanks David man! that means alot comeing from you :D

Also,

what i want to know is where the heck you got that giant sawmill blade!?

its from an old saw mill thats been shut down for about 43 years and its just off bever Creek in the middle of nowere in the bush. a friend brought back the blade and he left it at my place for mounths now I clam it as my own :D Im thinking about makeing it in to a sign for my shop