New Baritone Slightly Pointy Guitar

well with this one i have no intention of changing it. if you put some kind of point on the other side, it will dig into your leg when you are sitting down. i have experimented with a ton of different shapes, and this is the conclusion. i wont be changing it.

Then don't ask other people for their thoughts on the design :D

sorry, but im not trying to sound like some people on here who ask for an opinion and compltley ignore it. but still, i diddnt ask how to improve it. i think it is well thought out. i wanted to see if people liked it, not for people to tell me what i did wrong.

Sorry I didn't give you my opinion(but, seeing your responce it looks like that is what you would like to hear). My honest take on the shape, it does not appeal to me. I still don't think that makes much difference as it is what you like that counts.

P.S. I was going to respond in one of your other build topics, but had to run. Your routes (pickups and control) look really clean and tidy on the carved top. Nice work mister :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I didn't give you my opinion(but, seeing your responce it looks like that is what you would like to hear). My honest take on the shape, it does not appeal to me. I still don't think that makes much difference as it is what you like that counts.

P.S. I was going to respond in one of your other build topics, but had to run. Your routes (pickups and control) look really clean and tidy on the carved top. Nice work mister :D

thanks! and of course i realize that it wont appeal to most.

• 1 month later...

Here's a pointy baritone I just finished. 30" scale, fretless 5 string, tuned in fifths, low to high FCGDA. Ash body, with green transtint and 6 coats of tung oil. Maple neck with cocobolo fingerboard. Hand wound the pickups, crafted and polished the stainless steel bridge. What do you all think?

Eric.fretlessbaritone2.jpgbackcontours.jpg

Edited by weezer2112

I'd call that a short-scale bass, based on the a) 5 strings and :D fretlessness, really. Or at least not really a baritone guitar.

I know there's not really any standard, but what I call a baritone is something guitar-like, with a long scale, that is played essentially like a normal guitar (chording, strumming, fingerpicking, lead, rhythm are all feasible). Whatever it is, thought, it's funky!

I'd call that a short-scale bass, based on the a) 5 strings and :D fretlessness, really. Or at least not really a baritone guitar.

I know there's not really any standard, but what I call a baritone is something guitar-like, with a long scale, that is played essentially like a normal guitar (chording, strumming, fingerpicking, lead, rhythm are all feasible). Whatever it is, thought, it's funky!

Thanks, glad you like it! I"ve been refering to it as a baritone mostly due to the fifths tuning. With the equivalent of 27 frets and the high string being tuned to A it gets well into guitar range. The low F is, of course, just a half step up from the low E on a Fender or Dano bari, but you're right, the fretlessness really throws it all out the window! So I haven't been actually calling it a baritone guitar, just a baritone. And yeah, people have asked me " a baritone what?", and I just tell 'em " you decide!"

Now here's a 5 ftring fretless bass!fretless5.jpgfretless5back.jpg

Edited by weezer2112

Thanks, glad you like it! I"ve been refering to it as a baritone mostly due to the fifths tuning. With the equivalent of 27 frets and the high string being tuned to A it gets well into guitar range. The low F is, of course, just a half step up from the low E on a Fender or Dano bari, but you're right, the fretlessness really throws it all out the window! So I haven't been actually calling it a baritone guitar, just a baritone. And yeah, people have asked me " a baritone what?", and I just tell 'em " you decide!"

Fretless electric baritone cittern.

Love it!!!

Edited by orgmorg