Good idea, or no?

"Electrics Guitar"- I like guitars with a lot of knobs, and switches. So the basic idea on this one is 4 PUPS: 1 P-90, 1 Humbucker, 1 single coil, and 1 Under-bridge transducer. Each PU works independantly, their signals only coming together right before the output. Each go through the following stages: Phase switcher -> Tone pot -> Volume pot -> On-board OD (black ice [see stewmac]) -> on-off switch -> output. Thats 20 switches!!! Also, I want a CLEAR pickguard so you can see the mass amounts of wire!!

It wouldn't be much of a stage instrument, obviously. But it would make a great convorsation piece, and a GREAT studio guitar. It would be awesome if someone could make up a wiring diagram for this...

The guitar Steve Morse played in the '80s comes to mind. How many PUs did that guitar have? At least 4 if not 5 including the synth PU.

-Sven

Steve Morse MM's have two HBs and two SCs, modeled after his original super modded Tele.

Nigel Tufnel had a custom 4 humbucker Music Man in the video for "Majesty of Rock" (that pops up every now and then in various "weird guitar" photos) so it can be done.

lol man if you want a wireing schematic diagram then email me and ill try and cook something up for you. youd have to gimme exact specs eg how you want things switching and everything but i could definatelly give it a go

Fox_Mulder112@hotmail.com

yeah - stick a roland pickup in it as well...

lol man if you want a wireing schematic diagram then email me and ill try and cook something up for you. youd have to gimme exact specs eg how you want things switching and everything but i could definatelly give it a go

Oh, make it stereo too! Have the ability to pan each pickup left and right in the stereo field. :D

That's one more knob per pickup!

Phase switcher -> Tone pot -> Volume pot -> On-board OD (black ice [see stewmac]) -> on-off switch -> output. Thats 20 switches!!! Also, I want a CLEAR pickguard so you can see the mass amounts of wire!!

You forgot coil splitters for the humbucker, and series/parallel switches. You could always use tapped pickups too, that would provide more switching options. To top things off, you could add a tone choke, and a vari-tone rotary switch.

-sven

all of project guitar and it's members should go into designing this one. we'll give whoever thought it up the credit, but this is a good thing. this would be, well...fun. lots and lots of buttons and switches. yay!

i will, when I have finally decided i want to actually build it

that stereo idea is class!!! i think i might do it to my kit lp!!

those sure alot of wiring ideas! go for it if there is room on your guitar, but id settle for a hotrail, the P90, the single coil and the transducer, there would be more room!

mike