Telecaster - Built!

kiki

hello friends

first of all, sorry if I make any english mistake. I'm brazilian, and still studing this laguage.

I'd like to share with you my first experience on guitar building

http://www.kiyoto.xpg.com.br/telecaster/

01.JPG

It's a traditional telecaster, with body in "cedro rosa" and neck in "pau-marfim" (I don't know the names of the woods in english)

the site is in portuguese, but I believe it's pretty understandable by the pictures

it was my first experience, and I haven't done a building course yet (I'm planning doing one in the future).

everything I learn was from internet. sites like this, that shares a lot of tutorial, references, images. thanks a lot!

hope you like it!

Pau Marfim is the common name, it is also known as that in the states. Although I have personally never come across it. I believe Cedro Rosa is Cedrela fissilis. There may be more than one wood known as Cedro Rosa though.

Great build, always a fan of tele's!

Pau Marfim is the common name, it is also known as that in the states. Although I have personally never come across it. I believe Cedro Rosa is Cedrela fissilis. There may be more than one wood known as Cedro Rosa though.

thanks for helping!

good to know thats pau marfin is called like this ein english.

this name for cedro is the scientific name, it isn't? if I knew them, there would have no problem...

thanks for helping!

good to know thats pau marfin is called like this ein english.

this name for cedro is the scientific name, it isn't? if I knew them, there would have no problem...

Cedro Rosa is called Spanish cedar in english, in spanish is just Cedro, it's science name is Cedrella Odorata, it's a tree of the same family of mahogany, as you already know it looks very similar to mahogany but smells wonderful :D

Cedro Rosa is called Spanish cedar in english, in spanish is just Cedro, it's science name is Cedrella Odorata, it's a tree of the same family of mahogany, as you already know it looks very similar to mahogany but smells wonderful :D

Thanks for clearing that up, the wood I was thinking of was a completely different wood. I've got a body blank of Spanish Cedar set aside for a future 8-string build, I'm excited for that one. :D

thanks man!

not only the smell, but the taste... it's so peculiar, when you're sanding it. you breathe the powder, and feel a taste in the tongue. B)

the cespanish cedar was really rose (like its name in portuguese, cedro rosa) before the finishing, but after it became really caramel. I didn't expected, but i leked it anyway!

to all the others, thanks for the helps and the commentaries!

:D

Edited by kiki