Avia Hh-1000 #001 Build

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to put the whole thing up for sale in its current state to someone here to wants to finish it.

0618080356a.jpg

0618080408.jpg

0613082331b.jpg

0613082331a.jpg

0613082330.jpg

I'm either selling EVERYTHING together for 699 (i've spent $1400 so far)

Or I'd sell the body/neck with no electronics for 399, like what you see in the pics. I spent more than that just for the neck O_o

Then i'd sell the Sh4's for 50 a piece (half off), LRBaggs Piezo TOM with all electronics knobs jacks/control X for maybe $100 (more than half off)

and tuners for 60 bucks ($140 @ stewmac)

Everything is bran-spankin-new at MOST it was test fitted but nothing was ever USED used.

Welp... lemme know if theres any takers. I wont go any lower than what i've posted! Unless someone wants to trade a good flame maple neck blank I'll knock off $100

Any questions post.

Guitar is almost totally ready for clear coats.

Someone finish this project!!!

Thinking about it I'd really rather just sell it all in one I dont want to be shipping out a bunch of seperate things, $699. - Josh

Edited by piedpiperX2000

Hey guys,

I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to put the whole thing up for sale in its current state to someone here to wants to finish it.

I'm either selling EVERYTHING together for 699 (i've spent $1400 so far)

Or I'd sell the body/neck with no electronics for 399, like what you see in the pics. I spent more than that just for the neck O_o

Then i'd sell the Sh4's for 50 a piece (half off), LRBaggs Piezo TOM with all electronics knobs jacks/control X for maybe $100 (more than half off)

and tuners for 60 bucks ($140 @ stewmac)

Everything is bran-spankin-new at MOST it was test fitted but nothing was ever USED used.

Welp... lemme know if theres any takers. I wont go any lower than what i've posted! Unless someone wants to trade a good flame maple neck blank I'll knock off $100

Any questions post.

Guitar is almost totally ready for clear coats.

Someone finish this project!!!

Thinking about it I'd really rather just sell it all in one I dont want to be shipping out a bunch of seperate things, $699. - Josh

Hmmm, any particular reason for the sudden lack of interest and attempt to offload? Something go wrong with it? And do you really think you're going to get $699 for it when I can see obvious tooling marks in the cavities and some substantial chipping on the fretboard. Smells fishy to me....

lol Only tool marks are a messy route on the inside of the neck pickup hole, theres no chipping on the fretboard at all that's tape residue I just pulled off tape :D

Nothing went wrong with it, after coming this far with it, its just not where I want Avia to go, as a model. Simple as that

If ya smell fish check yer pants =] because it's not coming from my guitar hehe

Thanks mex!

And supernova, if you consider the hardware alone new would cost around $650, $699 is TOTALLY reasonable! As i said before the neck cost me more than the 399 I was charging for just the body/neck no electronics so I think what I offered was more than fair to anyone that would want to take on a neat project if it's what they're looking for!

It needs a little more sanding sealer, then all clear coats, buffing then electronics and it's ready. Well the nut needs height adjusted too but that's it. I've already strung it up before and it sounds beautiful and plays amazing! Again it's just not the direction I want to go with Avia, I most likely wont be making any hollowbodies with piezo/etc/top of the line everything again. It's just too much work, and too much money invested. The guitar I'm now aiming for will be in the range of $500-600 my cost so it will throw the end price in the sub-$1000 range which means I can sell locally too. I have ALOT of friends/contacts that are band related and that's mainly where I wanted to sell by face-to-face communication and interaction.

If no one shows interest relatively soon I'll just finish it up. I'll most likely sell it even if I finish it for below cost as well! for maybe 950 or so.

i think supernova was just a little confused as to why just stop now and get rid of it. why not just finish it off as its so close. everyone seems to love it so why not. at least then you know you can do it and have an example of it in case anyone wants one in the future

Wow thats a sweet lp i don't even really like lp's but if i had the 700 to spare it would be mine wow what a gorgous guitar.

personaly i think you need to finish it and keep on with the original idea. I mean i don't even dream of building something like that any one can build a bolt on neck flat top guitar but it takes talent and skill to build what you have almost completed. don't give up the dream and don't sell yourself short if you want to build some quick cheapies for you buddies thats cool but let it be known that you can build some really nice high end pieces too.

it does seem a pretty sudden U-turn, i am sure you can understand why that makes people suspicious.

personally i think you will regret letting it go even if it isnt currently a guitar you are interested in finishing

although i might be interested in taking the LR baggs bridge and preamp of your hands :D

I still believe, good builders should keep a display model for people to play and feel and hear. That way, you can show it to them as "Everything I can offer" as a demo unit. Then customers can say, I really like this or that, and then you shmooze them into writing up a sales order!

Besides... it looks STUNNING and will catch eyes if you ever take it to a show or a store or even gigs for your band friends to jam on back stage. Others will see it and say OOH I WANNA PLAY TOO!

It's a stunning example of all your skills, and should definitely be shown off. I say you finish it, and keep it as your display to show off.

That my friend is a work of art!

• 1 month later...