My 2nd Build

Hey Guys I am posting some pics of my second build finally. I built this thing like 6 months ago but I just now
got some pictures of it. It has 3/4 flamed maple top with a 1 1/4 mahogany body. It is a neck through with cherry(one of
my personal favorite woods) ziricote, flamed maple o and some black dyed veneer strips. The head stock overlay grain runs from the ziricote fingerboard all the way up the neck(sorry I couldnt get a good pic of this). I also glued a peice of mahogany and dyed black veneer underneth the headstock overlay. I carved some of the headstock to kinda show that off. The fingerboard is fully scalloped
with jumbo fret wire. I sanded the fingerboard by hand from 220 all the way up to 12000 so it has a nice shine to it. O yea
I used a very sharp chisel to carve most of the scallop and then a rasp on the higher ones. I found that the chisel made it
less work to sand than to use a raps all the time.I dont own a profile sander but I imagine that would have worked
also. Each fret took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Talk about tedeious o man. :D As for inlay I did an offset
abalone dot inlays with matching side dots. It has a 25 " scale length. Now for the finish I used behlen stringed instrument
lacquar. I dont know what you guys think of this stuff. I used the same stuff on my first guitar, and I must say out of all of the
lacquars I have used I am just not much of a fan of it. Its just not as durable as a would like it to be. I dunno I will try
something diffrent next time. Any reccomendations? Ok back to the finish I did a blue black dye on the raw body. Sanded
back then tinted with with black dye. So it look very silverish then in certain angles it goes blue. At first I was really
bummed about the color but now I love it. O I know lots of you guys prolly do not like emgs but dont worry Bareknuckles
are on the way. O one more thing my woods suppliers were North west timber(top) Gilmer wood (body) Hearne hardwoods (ziricote) Berea hardwoods (flamed maple for neck) Thanks for checking this one out let me know what you think
2048123400098451828NBjLLH_th.jpg

Looks good to me, I really like the carve on the top except right next to the neck, and the carve for the back is awesome. I still haven't decided how I'm gonna do it on my build, I might have to take some off yours lol. Very nice lookin' instrument. Don't know what to recommend as far as finish, gotta know what sort of finish you want, i.e. glossy, matte, whatever. And there are a lot of people here that like emg's, I don't, but a lot do lol

Cool! Very clean and professional looking work. :D Perhaps you could post a few pictures in this thread rather than linking to the album, that might help generate some more responses if you want them.

Wow, A+ work! scalloped frets, jumbo wire, that thing must play itself!

I really like the color of the top, and the overall execution. This could definitely be GOTM material. What was the total cost?

Thx man. I used transtints for the color. The guitar cost about 700 with out the pick ups. I really need to spend more time shopping to get the better prices instead of just buying it all right before I start to build. So now I always have my eyes open.