Guitar Backing Tracks

phatbyte

Not a bad site... I like it that you're trying to match tabs with the bts.

But you ought to verify the tabs first -- most of the tab I've found on the intenet seems to have been prepared by space aliens in some wacky scale...in other words, the tab barely corresponds to the actual song.

An example on your site is "Honky Tonk Woman" --everyone knows the song is in Open G.

Maybe post guitarpro versions, they're sometimes more accurate (not always though).

• 1 month later...

I like the site, guys (and the one girl in 14000+ projectguitar members) why not post your playing on a backing site on this thread.

The version of Enter Sandman (before I got to it) is excellent, does this song have the best riff ever? :D

Here is my murdered version Click Here

Rock and Roll.

how did you record that?

I used Cakewalk Guitar Tracks software on my laptop to import the backing track and then played along with the song. The guitar was plugged into a Pod that went into a Sound Blaster card. The Pod setting was press Tap Hold and turn the Amp Model to 9 O' clock, which gives you more gain than you can ever need.

i have no idea what most of that is, but thanks. i am completly blind when it comes to that stuff. i wish i had/new about recording stuff.

here is my puppets video i did with one of those backing tracks, you can barley here it, but o well. and the guitar was so loud over the backing, i really couldnt keep perfect time with it, and messed up a few times. but o well.

puppets

Watched the vid, good stuff :D

Hopefully more projectguitarists will post their playing, it adds another dimension to this part of the forum.

Cakwalk Guitar Tracks is real easy to use, it is just like an 8 track recorder on your computer.

330wn0p.jpg

i have no idea what most of that is, but thanks. i am completly blind when it comes to that stuff. i wish i had/new about recording stuff.

here is my puppets video i did with one of those backing tracks, you can barley here it, but o well. and the guitar was so loud over the backing, i really couldnt keep perfect time with it, and messed up a few times. but o well.

puppets

Nice job.

• 3 months later...

I got home early from a trip to Pearl Beach and had a go at an old KISS classic, Strutter, this has all my favourite Frehley touches, the slightly gothic descending run, the fairly fast pentatonic trill and in the last solo getting the speed just up to the point where scales do not matter and you can play any damn note you like.

I have put it to a youtube slide show

or better quality audio only click here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Here another site you guys may not have heard about.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

That site has a huge range, the ones I tried had a more laidback vibe to them than the freshbt.com site.

Here's my take on Kick Start My Heart

I love the "this song makes me want to ......." thread on youtube

I changed the start and the middle bit, but I still want to skydive naked from an aeroplane.

21CCB1G417L._SL110_.jpg