Ormsby Guitars - Multiscale Custom

"Fanned-Fret" is a registered trademark of Novax Guitars. Unless I'm more mistaken than usual, Perry would be practicing a little CYA, if not establishing a trademark of his own. :D

CYA? I cant think what that might stand for?

Here is YouTube video

(Final part in the series)

More YouTube video

More YouTube video 'So Cold' (the owner, Saxon, playing around with some video footage)

More YouTube video

More YouTube video

IMG_4291.jpg

Here is Saxon's myspace "Vendetta" was something he wrote and recorded in an hour or so last week, but it has the Multiscale for all tracks. (give it time to build up)

His main band is UTI, and they have a myspace and a website. Saxon also plays with Graham Greene in both Graham's solo band, The Happy Sinners (myspace), and also in Resonance Project (and their myspace), who recently played in front of 16,000 crazy Vietnamese, televised to 6,000,000 and documented by MTV Japan. ALSO, with Graham, here is some 'pre-multiscale' shredding improv

at a local gig when the bass players bass died (it wasn't an Ormsby, it was sure to stuff up) :D

This people, concludes the thread on the guitar. Questions?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the answer is "there are no problems" but during the spraying I couldn't help but wonder if during all that waving around, if there wasn't the risk of paint particles getting on the exposed part of the neck, further up from where it was taped off? Are you conscious of avoiding a "paint fleck cloud" when you do the spraying, or is it such a non-issue that it's not really worth worrying about? Or is it covered in plastic wrap and I never noticed?

Greg

Id normally cover more of the neck, but it hadnt been final sanded, so there wasnt much need. Obviously the fan sucks the excess spray away also.

Next? Umm... how about 12 guitars, a plane, a couple hollywood 'B' celebs, and a possible seminar/meet/greet in a foreign land? Join the mailing list :D

Hey there everyone I'm Saxon, The lucky 'Client'

Ha ha Thats my dream guitar Perry Built for me....The Infamous multi scale Beast...

The ebony finger board on the wenge neck has the nicest most natural feel....as i like unfinished necks the wenge has a nice feel for gigs and whats even better Perry came up with the perfect string spacing for hybrid picking if your into bluesy/country stuff....

Also the way he wired the pick ups is second to none....Especially when i put the toggle into the middle split position which turns the bridge to a single....i get this nice glassy almost strat clean tone....Great for ambient clean sections with nice chorus or phase....I love dealing with sonics and broad sound scapes so i usually contrast that with THICK TIGHT , PUCNHY & PHAT heavy ESPECIALLY 'angular' type riffage usually with which i have a strait clean melody or drone over the top in straight time....Thus the multi scale has such an extensive range it is almost limitless in application for what I do and am trying to achieve. Its more so a product of the music i play, this specific playing style i have chosen seems to be complimented exponentially by the addition of the Multi scale Custom to my live & recording arsenal. Believe it or not i can use this guitar for any style....I can even get some nice warm jazz tones & play some bossa or some standards....

Here's a video clip with some footage of the new axe in action so we can get acquainted...

Wanna ask any questions or hear more of the beast in action...Hit me up on Myspace.....

@ www.myspace.com/saxonsolo

here's my band band www.uti.com.au and the youtube page is

www.youtube.com/cybertron06

UTI - "So Cold"

Edited by Oz_axeman

That's really cool Perry.

Hey, thanks for those vids you posted. Really cool.

BTW, I have a multiscale fretboard already cut for my next build. I went with 27.5-25", with the straight fret at #6.

Edited by komodo

Perry, any chance of getting a close up picture of those bridge pieces? Like you said, they don't seem to be too readily available. I was hoping I could machine something similar for myself. I was just wondering how the intonation was adjusted? Great guitar man. Thanks for all the videos and info.

Jeremy

Hey there everyone I'm Saxon, The lucky 'Client'

Ha ha Thats my dream guitar Perry Built for me....The Infamous multi scale Beast...

The ebony finger board on the wenge neck has the nicest most natural feel....as i like unfinished necks the wenge has a nice feel for gigs and whats even better Perry came up with the perfect string spacing for hybrid picking if your into bluesy/country stuff....

Also the way he wired the pick ups is second to none....Especially when i put the toggle into the middle split position which turns the bridge to a single....i get this nice glassy almost strat clean tone....Great for ambient clean sections with nice chorus or phase....I love dealing with sonics and broad sound scapes so i usually contrast that with THICK TIGHT , PUCNHY & PHAT heavy ESPECIALLY 'angular' type riffage usually with which i have a strait clean melody or drone over the top in straight time....Thus the multi scale has such an extensive range it is almost limitless in application for what I do and am trying to achieve. Its more so a product of the music i play, this specific playing style i have chosen seems to be complimented exponentially by the addition of the Multi scale Custom to my live & recording arsenal. Believe it or not i can use this guitar for any style....I can even get some nice warm jazz tones & play some bossa or some standards....

Here's a video clip with some footage of the new axe in action so we can get acquainted...

Wanna ask any questions or hear more of the beast in action...Hit me up on Myspace.....

@ www.myspace.com/saxonsolo

here's my band band www.uti.com.au and the youtube page is

www.youtube.com/cybertron06

UTI - "So Cold"

IMG_4300.jpg