Just Bought A Ibanez Rg 7:)!

Davis guitars

It really depends on what model it is. I prefer the fixed bridge versions to the trem-equipped models, and i'm currently on a search for one of the XL models with the longer scale. The standard scale just doesn't cut it for me. Same applies to the Jackson 7-strings.

What model have you bought?

S7320 short scale? Its 25.5 thats the same as most 7s...

I have the RG1527 and its just amazing, it needs the pups replacing muddy as hell on stocks through my MG lol I have some black outs I might put in it.

But yeah, 7 strings FTW!

25.5 is a short scale for anything but 6 stringers.

Well, to be fair it is but it isn't....I don't think 25.5" is ideal for lower tunings without hiking up the string gauges, but it means manufacturers don't have to retool much for slotting to a particular scale length or making larger neck blanks from stock :-\

Why did you sell it?

I got into cars rather than guitars and decided I didn't really need a 7 string. I've now realised that guitars are a lot less stressful and a lot cheaper to work on - plus if I don't finish a guitar it doesn't prevent me getting to work the following day :D

I got into cars rather than guitars and decided I didn't really need a 7 string. I've now realised that guitars are a lot less stressful and a lot cheaper to work on - plus if I don't finish a guitar it doesn't prevent me getting to work the following day :D

hahahaha, my dad and I go back and forth with this all the time. We both love to build things, and he's been into cars and I recently got into guitars. They both give us respective amounts of grief, I'm not going to lie.

Do you have anything in the garage of note? My dad recently finished restoring a 69 LeMans convertible, pearl white with blue roof/interior. Here's a picture.

More on topic, I'm glad you sold the 7 string. I'd much rather get a baritone, personally. I find it easier to adjust to a longer scale than a thicker neck.