First Build At 16...advice Would Be Very Helpfull

Hey, like i said before, im 16 and I loved working on this guitar. Its not much different from the BC rich bronze series but i did what i could to make it my own. I was kinda shooting blind with this one so advice would be much appreciated. The head stock pics and pics of the SG im redueing are soon to come. So lemme know what u guys think!

img9340cc0.jpg

img0184ld7.jpg

img0183gr2.jpg

img0185kp3.jpg

img0186gf2.jpg

img0187ly7.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0192wk5.jpg

Edited by Youngun Josh

I think it looks damn good! congrats.

I dont know what advice to give, because you seem to have done a lot of the work already... are you using a premade neck or making/ have made your own?

im going to reuse the b.c. rich guitar neck but change the shape of the head stock, possible paint the neck, and possible play with inlays. lol and it wasnt hard to do this so early cuz i only bought the guitar for 50. I was just wondering tho, i look in other pics and see beautiful curves with no flaws or dips and i came NOWHERE close to being able to achieve that...WHY lol... and if i was to try and sell this, what price do u guys think i should try and put on it.

Any details on the build? It sounds like it was a refinish on a BC Rich. I love the way the finish came out. What did you use to finish it with. From that one pic it looks great. If there are specific flaws you are trying to find out how to fix, you'll need to get a more close up picture of them. nice work either way.

I was just wondering tho, i look in other pics and see beautiful curves with no flaws or dips and i came NOWHERE close to being able to achieve that...WHY

time it takes time i learned a lot from friends that do body work.

btw looks good i like the color scheme

and my advise is mask off the neck pocket befor you finish the guitar :D

Nice paint job. Did you refinish a guitar or make it from scratch?

look at a b.c. rich bronze series...i just made some minor changes such as adding curves, flatting edges...but for being my first crack at lutherie it was a good time

before

guitar.jpg

Nice paint job. Did you refinish a guitar or make it from scratch?

look at a b.c. rich bronze series...i just made some minor changes such as adding curves, flatting edges...but for being my first crack at lutherie it was a good time

before

guitar.jpg

So you refinished it. Thats cool I did the same with my schecter blackhawk. I sanded the old paint off and just put the last coat of lacquer on 5 days ago. I gotta let it cure then I got a sag to take care of and some polishing. Ill post some pics when its all done. Todays my BDAY!! Just turned 18. Gotta get me some smoke... just kiddin those things is gross!! What pups are you puttin in yours?

• 2 weeks later...

excellent. I built my first acoustic kit when I was 16, bass kit at 17, and I'm starting a guitar from scratch now and I turned 18 on monday. Good to see other young builders. I've learned that the building golden rule is take your time and if you really screw up, let it sit for a day or two and then calmly look for a solution.

What did you use to paint the neck? Are you gonna polish it? It looks like its gonna be kinda slow. *** is a woodchuck?!?!

Woodchuck - (Marmota monax)

Also known as groundhog

thanks Wiki :]

I used paint :D ...and yea im gona sand it a clear it acouple more time and scuffy it and hand polish...i unno about it being slow, possibly....didnt get that last part