guitar building

apostle

"ibanez jem style guitar quickly, affordably & w/ quality craftsmenship" sorry to say, these three don't go together so well, if you want quality, you want to take time, if you want it to be cheap, well then somethings gotta give, if not a bit of everythings gotta give. So you gotta choose.

Maybe not-so-quickly. A basswood body for it's pretty good sound and cheapness? Possibly cleaned-up and polished USED hardware from ebay?

what are ya willing pay? how fast do you want it? and define "quality craftsmanship" in your sight.

I think you need to go into a little more detail, what specifically do you want done?

Will you be supplying the materials and just need the labor?

And before anyone else gets silly yes I have a pretty good idea who apostle is and this is a legit "Looking for a luthier" ad :D

And before anyone else gets silly yes I have a pretty good idea who apostle is and this is a legit "Looking for a luthier" ad :D

does this happen to be a certain person who was banned for certain how do you say "stupid" reasons? Or am i just dumb?

oh, yeah, and brian, man, every single post you put in a smoking smilie. One of these days, he's gonna get cancer and die!!!

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have a guitar body cut out. It needs the following: routing for the neck, pickups and tremolo cavity (also for the access area where the back of the neck and body meet.). I didn't intend to get carried away about the Jem reference. The body style has a simularities to the Jem body but the design is mine. Also, I wouldn't need a monkey grip or Trem claw rout. I would provide the neck, pickups, low pro trem, etc. Being able to put a finish on it would help too. And lastly, since I want the same scale as a jem. I have talked to someone already about this project who does great work, he just a "little" busy.

LGM sounds like the guy you want... at least for a really cool paint job, is the neck all fretted with the nut and ready to go? pickguard? tuners? strings claw & posts for the bridge? controls? all will be needed to fully asemble the guitar to ensure proper intonation and to give it a test run before it's shipping back to you, if that's the case the return shipping will also be a bit more cause the package will have bigger dimensions.