suggestion

ultraman

yeah i suggested an online battle of the bands wich i think would be better, i personally suck at doing solos so i wouldnt even enter but i can write songs so i think that could be more fun plus it would give a chance for us to hear everyones style . but i dont think its gonna happen

Sure we can give it a whirl...........since the forum is growing so big :D

We should start the contest in this section of the forum of course and well see how it goes. What I'll do is make up a contest page over on the main site for the month of January and link over to the thread to see if anyone want's to join in!

Then of course a monthly winner page with a link to their mp3

One thing to keep in mind though is I really won't be able to host any mp3 files at this point in time so we need to find a place where people can upload their music.

Actually my latest idea is more of a promo page for forum members that have a CD out, kind of a meet the members page where there are links to their CD's for sale since two have already posted some in the classifieds section.

Yay! That would be me and Paul Needs. :D

As for CD's posted to buy, as one of my co-workers says, "I'd buy one even if it sucked." B)

If someone is going to really go through all the effort to make a CD then it's worth it to support the indie record effort. I feel that MP3 swapping kills most CD sales at some level. I'm not Metallica by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not going to loose millions in sales by an MP3 getting swapped on Napster. Where was I?

Oh, so there you have it. Any CD's have at least one sale for sure. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Why not chord of the month or chord sequence? B)

I bagsy every sludge filled, overlly distorted, drop C tuneing powerchord under the sun :D

......One thing to keep in mind though is I really won't be able to host any mp3 files at this point in time so we need to find a place where people can upload their music.

http://www.soundclick.com/

A place to upload as much music as you want. And if the website is not lying, its all free! :D