progress with dremel

Snork

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...anyone tried this? Roto-Zip IMO much safer than a router, just draw a line and follow it. The bit is skinny so it's not pushing much wood, cuts like a laser...I've used routers in my furniture biz and this As seen on TV gizmo is the bomb... :D It has it's limits, but for the DIYS guy, I like this tool. Seen generic versions on Ebay for 30 bucks with bits. I borrowed my neighbors one for my Tele, he moved so I got a DeWalt version now...love it.

But wait till you see what this bad boy does to drywall! :D hehe. Yeah, the bit looks like it will cut 1 1/4" deep no problem...don't know if they sell longer cutting bits. Maybe you could drill at least 4 pilot holes inside your pattern as a guide for the bottom, and flip it over, trace your template (using the guide holes as reference) and cut from the bottom after the top?

I've chucked a Roto-Zip bit or two into my dremel, they are the bidness!

I haven't really taken them to their fullest potential, but they are pretty damned cool. Not sure about 2" wood, but there we go back to stressin' the bearings again.

I might be game to give it a shot tho if that's all I had, they're mean little bastards.

Poor Snork. (Shaking fist at the sky) Damn This Cruel Heartless World! B)

Hey, believe it or not, he's learning now! That's COOL.

I can hear it now, one day when a newbie asks, 'can I build my guitar with just a dremel?' ...and the Snork will be the first one to pipe up with some sage old-hand advice! :D

Yeah, I don't know if you can push a Dremel that much unless it's soft wood. The DeWalt 'spiral saw' is 5 amps and 30,000 rpm and as hefty as my laminate trimmer. Designed for only one thing...cutting....did I mention how this thing mutilates drywall? B) After all these years of borrowing Dremels, I really want one for all the projects I do, it's on my Xmas list, but I ain't been that good... :D

I agree Drak, learning, even if it's from your mistakes, is always a good thing. Not that I like saying, "been there, done that" but a lot of times, I have. Good luck Snork.

true. but i have no damned tools just this god forsaken dremel a hacksaw and 2 sheets of sandpaper. DAMN IT DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

relax man....

what you need to do is planning. Take one step at a time. I understand your anxiety to build a guitar, but you need patience.. lots of patience....

true. but i have no damned tools just this god forsaken dremel a hacksaw and 2 sheets of sandpaper. DAMN IT DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

relax man....

what you need to do is planning. Take one step at a time. I understand your anxiety to build a guitar, but you need patience.. lots of patience....

listen to him...i don't know how many times i had to stop working because i was getting in a hurry...you only want to work on it when you are in the right frame of mind

That's one thing I keep telling my parents, too but for some reason they always get mad at me when I bring up the point that "I only want to work when I'm in the right frame of mind" :D

200 posts woohoo and number 200 was a completely useless one again, 'cept for bringin me that 200th post but...oh well

so long

ace

Snork, a wise man once said:

"There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it over."

Doing it right is the only way to go, because you'll spend ten times more fixing your mistakes than you will doing it right the first time. Patience is a virtue, in more than just guitar building.

hey snork, why don't you open a new topic and describe exactly what you want and what you got?

I mean, what kinda guitar, model.. wood... just everything and we'll help you building that axe. If you have access to a dig. camera, that'd be a plus..

I'm sure there's alot of other people around here who are more than willing to help you.