The First Build Begins

well my books have all come and ive gathered my wood

rock maple and mahogany for the neck

couldnt decide between quilted and curly maple tops on the body wings

as well as between mohogany and sapele on the back

after wetting for the pics im leaning real hard towards the quilted

ill post a pic as soon as i figure out how

it is nice to have a good relationship with your wood supplier ,ive stuck with the same place 10 years even if not the cheapest when they know they can forklift you a pallet of wood and youll

leave it nicer than they brought it to you and they let your rummage for hours thats PRICELESS i got enough for 2+ guitars for $100

ON to the design shorter scale 24 3/8

twin active guitarhead humbuckers

recessed tom bridge

string thru ferules

0 neck angle

hi glossy finnish using superglue , ive used this on 100's of high end custom pool cues prior to getting spray equip . and thought id demo it

on mine before offering others on how to do it

body shape WELL im stealing a little from several members hear and puting it together into what i like

'a little influence from wezv latest gom , a little from guitart's future build and some from huntindougs parable

• 2 weeks later...

well the wood has been glued up ( body wings not glued on of course )

i desided to go up to 24.75 scale as its not that big a difference and although fretting seems doable i didnt want to buy the tools needed

parts were bought from guitarheads through ebay at a decent savings over there website price 83 bucks shipped for 2 humbuckers bridge nut truners ferules

now i just need t figure out what i want for a wiring harness and knobs

body wings are mahogany/paduk/quilted maple

neck qtr sawn curly maple and paduk

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/moj...ng/100_0887.jpg

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/moj...ng/100_0889.jpg

woah! that's a little on the extreme side but i like it. What part of ohio are you from? I ask because I'm up in northeastern and i cannot for the life of me find a lumber yard

im from the canton area , how about you ?? keim lumber is awsome been buying all my wood from them for 10 years , for my company and even my house even though

they are an hour away ... cant say enough good about them !!!they have every speicies you can think of except i didnt see any limba/korina

Not sure what it is, but something looks a bit off in the shape. Might be that I think the horns are too thick, or the curve of them could be different, but something looks off.

I like the overall shape and it looks like nice works so far though. Keep it up.

I agree about the thickness of the horns but ill be carving the top down and im hoping that will bring the look im going for

as for the wings im going to do the top and bottom symetrical

kolansky im not real sure were chardon is im thinking its an eastern burb of cleve?? but keims would be about an hour from akron

in the amish belt trust me worth the drive just remember to get gas before you go , cause its easier to find horse feed in that neck of the woods

im from the canton area , how about you ?? keim lumber is awsome been buying all my wood from them for 10 years , for my company and even my house even though

they are an hour away ... cant say enough good about them !!!they have every speicies you can think of except i didnt see any limba/korina

No joke, I am from the Canton area as well! Small world eh? Keep up the good work man!

Chris