Oh, Hell - Not Another New Guy...

Yep; 'fraid so!! However, I am gobsmacked by what people in here are doing; absolutely dumbstruck!! I am not even close to this league but have a strat-thing that I'm building up on the bench so will be looking for input eventually...(I work very slowly!!). The main sticking point at the moment is the paintwork which I have designed but have no idea how to execute (damn you, adobe paintshop!!); even the local car painters took a long hard look and rubbed their jaws, with a long intake of breath through pursed lips... :D

Feathers.jpg

...all of the preparatory work has been done, and the gloss white has been applied so that I'm just awaiting to do the "feathers". Any ideas, people?

Yeah...where are all the girls...way to much of a testosterone imbalance around here :D

Interesting design idea...get some scrap timber and paint it up to a similar surface to the guitar to practice on...you may find some kind of smear technique might produce that kind of effect some how...might want to see how effective it is with the bridge and pickups and stuff on it...scratchplate too on a strat covers most things if there is one!

pete

well. thanks guys... yeah, I've been down the scrap timber finished to the same as the guitar and having a go myself, but have reached the uncomfortable realisation that I'm just not good enough to do it! :D I tried the smear technique which showed promise in my hands because of the necessary slowness(!) but my airbrush skills are right up there with my giving birth skills - I don't have an artistic bone in my body! So I may have to farm this one out to someone who IS good enough! B) Oh, and the finish includes the scratchplate...

For those that are interested, it's not a 'built from the ground up' project, merely a restoration of a 1980's guitar that had been scrapped as useless because of neck and electrical problems, which I've sorted after a bit of head scratching and reading of much information! I can't help thinking that finding this site a year and a half ago would have made life SO much easier!! :D

Yep; 'fraid so!! However, I am gobsmacked by what people in here are doing; absolutely dumbstruck!! I am not even close to this league but have a strat-thing that I'm building up on the bench so will be looking for input eventually...(I work very slowly!!). The main sticking point at the moment is the paintwork which I have designed but have no idea how to execute (damn you, adobe paintshop!!); even the local car painters took a long hard look and rubbed their jaws, with a long intake of breath through pursed lips... :D

Feathers.jpg

...all of the preparatory work has been done, and the gloss white has been applied so that I'm just awaiting to do the "feathers". Any ideas, people?

This is old school type of template ,spray and shade work. Very Simple. Look at some early 70's airbrush fish scale work , same process .

:D

MK

Edited by MiKro
Yeah...where are all the girls...way to much of a testosterone imbalance around here :D

Hahaha yep, I should join the Micheal Buble forum.... All the girls are probably there B)

I'm not sure if that's sexist, but who cares?

As you said, no chicks around here! :D

Anyways... if you can pull that finish off, it'll look awesome.

• 2 months later...