First Time Posting A Build

This is the first time I am posting a build on here. I am building this for my friend, who is also the other guitar player in my band.

Pretty straightfoward

-Mahogany body ( nice ribbon to it)

-flame maple top

-Mahogany Neck

-Rosewood fingerboard w/ offset mop dots, cream plastic binding

It will have a prs style neck joint, 22 jumbo frets w/ a 25" scale. Plastic cream binding on the top and maybe on the headstock as well. Probably two humbuckers. A clear nitro finish, w/ a honey-amber stain on the maple. I will keep you guys posted on progress

neckbodyfinger1.jpg

<br>

fingerboard.jpg

quick update, haven't been able to work on it too much but as of tonight headstock is shaped with the rosewood headcap glued on, I also bound the headstock. Truss rod channel is done. Started carving the neck, pretty much roughed in, just need to fine tune it. Neck pocket routed.

Try to post some pics tomorrow.

About to glue in the neck today, then once that is set up will do the pickup cavities and the bridge stuff. I am going to do a recessed tune o matic with a string through. I already did the recess for the dunlop straplocks. Kinda on the home stretch now.

P.S. the neck is straight...for some reason in that photo it looks crazy bent..haha.

neckbody3.jpgneckbody.jpg

one bit of concern right now though, the truss rod worked normally before gluing on the fingerboard but now it is not wanting to move much either way. I wrapped it in saran wrap and only dabbed a bit of silicon on the ends. this is worrying me a bit, I have not yet put too much elbow grease in turning it. I know that one of my builds kinda had the same problem and then once I kinda forced it it worked normally

Edited by thebadger

update, neck glued in, pickup cavities routed, recessed tune o matic routed, electronics holes are drilled. only woodworking stuff left is routing control cavity and inlay on the headstock and input jack hole drilled.

one sucky note....drilling string ferrules sucks...haha. it was my first time doing it and the top turned out ok but the back is a bit off. sucks.

cavity1.jpgcavity2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, this thing is finally finished. It turned out ok for the first guitar out of my garage and not under my former school's guidence.

The string ferrules on the back aren't as straight as I would like. I know now that the next time I should use a template.

Here are the specs.

- Mahogany Neck w/ Bubinga heel

- Mahogany body w/ bookmatched flame maple top

- Rosewood fretboard,headcap,knobs,truss rod cover

- Flame Maple Control Cavity cover

- Amber stain on the maple pieces, clear nitro over the whole guitar

- Grover tuners,recessed gotoh tuneOmatic,string ferrules

- Recessed dunlop strap locks

- Cream plastic binding & pickup rings

- Seymour Duncan Phat Cat (Neck P/U)

- Rio Grande Crunchbox (Bridge P/U)

- 2 Volume Controls 1 Tone, all CTS pots

The control cavity cover is stained flame maple with nitro over it, sheet metal epoxied

on the back to use magnets instead of screws to hold the cover on.

1-7.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-2.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Edited by thebadger