Like Warlocks?? LOOK AT THIS

9of7 X 3of2

Y'know, I have a Warlock body I made that's been on the back burner sitting here, pretty much done.

It's a Chambered (read: both sides completely hollowed out) 1-piece Ash body that has been waiting for a nice topper.

I wonder now if I could pull this thing off? Wonder if I could graft on some longer horns like that before I put a topper onnit?

Hmmmmmm......

Thanks 9of7 for posting this, you might have really helped me out!

That guitar is HOT! :D

not quite, i still think Jackson and Ibanez have SOME level of creditability on the guitar market.

Ibanez are many shredder's first choice and most guitarists i know love MIJ and MIA Jackson; though ultimately, you are right :D

....Thanks 9of7 for posting this, you might have really helped me out........

No problem Drak, after hanging out here for a bit I've come to notice that everyone loves pics of unuiqe instuments.

Plus somewhere in the Guitar body chat section, someone asked about doing this sort of thing to make his/her BC Rich Beast, to make it more comfortable to play.

I've been wanting to do this sort of thing to a warlock for some time, but with no tools and skills, well you get the picture. I've only been able to picture the outcome / methods in my head. And to see it done, pretty close to what I was thinking of was pretty neat.

If and when you do this Drak, PLEASE return the favor and POST PICS!!!!

......but it is true that the $99 warlock sucks

Yeah they suck, but for a begging guitar palyer working at Mcdonalds, its a gift from god.

And for someone like me that wants a cheapo' warlock just to trace, measure, and some day try a simular stunt as the guy at the custom shop that made the guitar in that auction, it is also a gift from god

I am SO out of the loop on newer guitars, I never even knew this thing existed until now, so THANKS!!!!!

I made those pics my new screen saver to kep it right in front of me.

Winter is a great time for me to do new drawings, body shapes, etc...I am really going to see if I can adapt mine in any way to this, I am really lovin' the look of this version.

I might even just go ahead and make another one, I have some 1-piece Ash here that is only about 1 1/8" thick, it's too thin to make a regular body out of, but I could slap a Maple top on it, carve it, carve the back out in an inverse carve, and make it work like they did here I think...

That is one HOT lookin' guitar me thinks... :D

What kind of Floyd would you use for such a thin-bodied guitar?

Or the fact that the top is carved makes up for the difference, the top of the carve being high enough to accomodate the full Floyd?

Y'know, 2 things I noticed...

1) the blue they did that in I can cop perfectly. I looked at it up close, and it looks -exactly- like some blue tints I shot this summer, so I know I can cop that color dead-on.

2) If you look at the tremolo cavity, notice how deep they routed the back section for SEVERE up-pulls?

I love that, I do mine pretty much that deep too. On my tremolo installation video, Erlewine only showed to route down to 5/16" or so, that pocket must be nearly 3/4" deep.

Gotta watch the springs tho when pulling that hard, they can pop out on normal models...he had a fix for that, making a 'tailblock' to trap the spring ends in place...wonder if BCRich does the same thing, offering a deep cavity like that...

i mean they went after the same market.i don't agree that any of them ruined their reputations.but it is true that the $99 warlock sucks

I think it's good that BC Rich makes guitars at this price range. It allows any kid who wants to be like their hero, Kerry King, Slash or whoever, to have a guitar that resembles theirs. This probably is what inspires a lot of kids to play better, not love for music or any of that sh*t, just wanting to look like somebody cool.

Think about Jackson. When they were first starting out and Randy Rhoads started endorsing their guitars, teenagers could just go down to the factory, pickup a body for $20, a neck for $40 and build themselves a cool looking guitar. (plus hardware)

• 2 weeks later...