Ormsby Guitars - Third Us Trip - Builders Clinic

Hey guys, just booked flights for my third US trip. Im going to be in LA/Vegas again, from June 30th - July 11th.

What Ive done in the past, is organise for a select group of guys/gals who are looking to make a future in guitar making, or, just want some expert tips on how to improve their personal builds. We go out to dinner for the night, discuss ideas and methods, show off our creations, and then proceed to hit the town. Dinner is usually a few hours, then we go all night until we fall over.

Last time, we did it during the day. Maybe that would work too. Either way, thats cool.

There is a cost for this, but its very very reasonable, and includes a meal (asian, thai, something like that). Seats are limited, cause we need for everyone to get a really good chance to have their say, ask questions, etc. Its also a fantastic opportunity to network and meet like minded people in the same area.

We can do one in Vegas, and one in LA.

I like seeing the new generation of guitar makers coming through, and I like the one on one help I can give them. This is a really great career, but at the same time its really hard to get a foot in the door. Ive helped numerous guys now get started, which is a great feeling.

I'm going to be a little more organised this time around, and you'll get some goodies to take home, including all the articles Ive written for Australian Guitar Magazine (3 years worth now I think) bound in a folder, T-shirt, etc.

I'll also have an ultra special instrument with me, which will need to be seen to be believed. This is the most important instrument I will ever make. I could take an order from Eddie Van Halen tomorrow, and that would pale in insignificance compared to this one. Im heading over to hang out with a musician that helped change my life when I was a teenager. In fact, his band and bandmates even inspired me to take up guitar making in the first place. Its a very special project, that you will all know about very soon. The film crew starts filming on Monday :D I might not be allowed to post details of this one on the forum until the magazines have had their go

Sooo.... If anyone is interested in joining us for a clinic style get together, please PM me. I dont expect there to be many takers in Vegas, but lets try. LA is virtually a certainty unless something drastic happens. I'll try to have a couple spare guitars for everyone to check out and play as well, including a Multiscale.

xDSC_3328.jpg

xDSC_3173.jpg

xDSC_6994.jpg

Hey guys, just booked flights for my third US trip. Im going to be in LA/Vegas again, from June 30th - July 11th.

What Ive done in the past, is organise for a select group of guys/gals who are looking to make a future in guitar making, or, just want some expert tips on how to improve their personal builds. We go out to dinner for the night, discuss ideas and methods, show off our creations, and then proceed to hit the town. Dinner is usually a few hours, then we go all night until we fall over.

Last time, we did it during the day. Maybe that would work too. Either way, thats cool.

There is a cost for this, but its very very reasonable, and includes a meal (asian, thai, something like that). Seats are limited, cause we need for everyone to get a really good chance to have their say, ask questions, etc. Its also a fantastic opportunity to network and meet like minded people in the same area.

We can do one in Vegas, and one in LA.

I like seeing the new generation of guitar makers coming through, and I like the one on one help I can give them. This is a really great career, but at the same time its really hard to get a foot in the door. Ive helped numerous guys now get started, which is a great feeling.

I'm going to be a little more organised this time around, and you'll get some goodies to take home, including all the articles Ive written for Australian Guitar Magazine (3 years worth now I think) bound in a folder, T-shirt, etc.

I'll also have an ultra special instrument with me, which will need to be seen to be believed. This is the most important instrument I will ever make. I could take an order from Eddie Van Halen tomorrow, and that would pale in insignificance compared to this one. Im heading over to hang out with a musician that helped change my life when I was a teenager. In fact, his band and bandmates even inspired me to take up guitar making in the first place. Its a very special project, that you will all know about very soon. The film crew starts filming on Monday :D I might not be allowed to post details of this one on the forum until the magazines have had their go

Sooo.... If anyone is interested in joining us for a clinic style get together, please PM me. I dont expect there to be many takers in Vegas, but lets try. LA is virtually a certainty unless something drastic happens. I'll try to have a couple spare guitars for everyone to check out and play as well, including a Multiscale.

>snip imgs<

I don't know, but the Vegas trip sounds good to me. I'll see what I can do? Been a while since I threw money away. :D

MK

Edited by MiKro

I decided today to bring one of my employees. He handles all the pickups we do, and the "Platinum" grade setups. This guy can setup a guitar better than I can, and winds about 20 pickups a week... Im bored after winding half a humbucker... he loves it! :D

Return date has been extended by a day also...