Good Price..?

The green one?I will tell you what bothers me about it...the neck for that body is right below that auction,yet instead of selling it as one unit,the guy tears it apart,totally reducing the intended setup and all of the guitar,in order to slightly increase the chances of selling it...that is really a pet peeve of mine.

The neck is the part of the san dimas charvel that makes it worth the money...it is the heart and soul...and just the possibility that someone would break up that set and put a cheap strat copy neck on it is not cool.

That seller has no love of the instrument or respect for the people who play them...it's just a transaction to him.

The green one?I will tell you what bothers me about it...the neck for that body is right below that auction,yet instead of selling it as one unit,the guy tears it apart,totally reducing the intended setup and all of the guitar,in order to slightly increase the chances of selling it...that is really a pet peeve of mine.

The neck is the part of the san dimas charvel that makes it worth the money...it is the heart and soul...and just the possibility that someone would break up that set and put a cheap strat copy neck on it is not cool.

That seller has no love of the instrument or respect for the people who play them...it's just a transaction to him.

Still think it would be a bad buy?

I'd get me a neck from warmoth or....cough cough....ed roman.

the neck for that very guitar is below the guitar...

But no...without the san dimas neck the guitar is worth nothing really

Why do you say that? Alder body, sd pups, OFR...

Not arguing, just trying to understand.

I know I can get a quality neck to my specs from ed roman....birdseye maple, reverse banana headstock, etc.

I will get back to you tomorrow when I am more ....sober...

Not sober ... but Wes is right. The San Dimas Charvel is famous for the neck. It should be the fastest neck you have ever touched. I have played a few early 80's San Dimas Charvels and they were very very impressive...

Warmoth could have made the neck as they ghost built for Charvel for a while.... still there is something about a real San Dimas Charvel. The body is not the important part. At the time you could not get the 1 11/16" nut width and 14" or 16" radius and Jumbo frets from Fender.

Just my 2 cents...

I think what wes is trying to say what makes that particular guitar is special is the neck. Would you buy a ferrari sans engine and replace it with a 4 cylinder fiat engine just because the body was cheap? I bet more people would have a stab at sticking a ferrari engine in a cruddy fiat!

Is the Ed Roman thing a joke? if it is... :D

Edited by joshvegas

I think what wes is trying to say what makes that particular guitar is special is the neck. Would you buy a ferrari sans engine and replace it with a 4 cylinder fiat engine just because the body was cheap?

Yeah that's it...just look at the neck on those guitars...they are completely immaculate...the body is a standard strat shape made of alder with a solid color of paint...all good quality to be sure,but nothing too special..

Yes,$500 is a decent price for a fully loaded body with the parts that one has...just price a strat body of comparable quality with those routs already painted,then add $80 for the set of pups and whatever the cost of the original floyd is these days and you can see that it's a decent price.It just bothers me that the guy intentionally took it apart to sell the pieces seperately..

Do you get the neck plate and the screws for that with it?Or do you have to mish-mash that together to?

I can only assume the neck is made to standard strat neck dimensions...if so then a warmoth neck will fit...but is not quite the same quality...though they are decent.I would prefer them to Ed Roman though...Doug at Soulmate makes custom necks..

But the San Dimas neck for that very guitar is right below it at $395...which is cheaper than Warmoth or your man Roman..

If you are just looking for a good sounding,good playing guitar...then it will do fine...

If you are looking for a "Charvel San Dimas"...well then you are not really getting one,now are you?And I notice that for $1100 you can get the entire guitar from a more reputable buyer with 100% positive feedback...and what you are talking about is going to end up costing you more than that in the long run anyway,or close to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-USA-Charvel-San-D...93%3A1|294%3A50

here is the neck plate and screws

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-USA-Charvel-San-D...93%3A1|294%3A50

there is the neck

So you see what the guy is doing?He buys the guitar new for dealer price,then he takes it apart and sells the pieces so he can get a few more dollars...he charges the most for the neck plate because he knows that by buying it you can make your own forgery to sell on ebay yourself...

This one here is a thing of beauty

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Jackson-USA-Pr...93%3A2|294%3A50

very nice...Charvel makes it,puts a serial # on it,and that other guy buys it(not this one of course)and sells it seperately...

In 60 years this guitar may be worth multiple thousands of dollars...(it may not,but it may,because it is all matching and original)

That body will not..I guess that is my point...you have to take the "san dimas" out of the equation to see if it is still worth it to you.

But when you can get the guitar at a dealer price, let's call it $800 for argument sake. And thinking you can get at least $800 for it parted out, it is good financial choice. Because if you can sell it for parts at $1100 and only paid $800, you made $500. These types of guys have no value for the guitar as is, they have a value for the all mighty dollar only.

Unless you want to buy all of the parts for it, I would skip on it. It is a decent price for a loaded body, but no collector cares if it is a San Dimas body, when it has a Warmoth neck and generic neck plate. What makes a San Dimas so desirable, is the entire guitar itself. They way it is fitted together, the way the neck feels, the way it is set up. An alder body with Seymour Duncan pickups is very common, nothing special about it. I have looked into what Charvel is doing for their bodies currently, but I would bet it is a CNC made body, so it's not like your paying for a special hand made custom body or anything. There is not really anything that makes that body any better than if you bought a painted, loaded one from Warmoth.

Like said before, would you buy a Ferrarri without an engine and put in a 4 cylinder, because it was cheaper or easier to get. It might say Ferrarri, but it just is not one, and never will be one.