official carrieburst thread

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ja...urstlespaul.jpg

I know it's not technically a carrie, but I thought it was worth showing.

kind of reminds me of the PRS faded blue jean finish. Not really the same at all, but the colors are really close. I really like it. And the fact that the wood isn't too showy is a bit different.

Where did you get your wood? The 'bay?

This thread has been around since I joined the forum.

14 pages later, and there still isn't ONE entry, or did I miss that one?

:D

B)

what you missed is the part in the rules that says all entries will be made on january 1 ,05....not before or after :D

I would tell you where I got my wood, but then I'd have to kill you! B)

Seriously, I got it on ebay. One piece is from antlersexpress (can't remember if its one word or two) and the other piece is from cook_woods. They were both more expensive than a cheap spam, but totally worth it. They are both 14" wide and 49" long. The one in the top picture is obviosly quilted maple and it's a little over 2" thick. The piece in the bottom picture is highly figured Sapelle and it's 2 5/16" thick. I'm gonna have the maple cut into 1/2" thick caps and the sapelle, I'm gonna' have 2 5/16" caps cut from. I'll use the rest to make 2 really nice looking bodies with some spalted maple caps I've got around the shop. Of course, the carrie burst will probably be on the quilted maple, but maybe not... :D:D:D

B)

what you missed is the part in the rules that says all entries will be made on january 1 ,05....not before or after :D

:D

Well, maybe we'll get the thread up to 50 pages with no pictures by then.

Ok, so im working on something special at the moment, and the guitar is lending itself to being a cariburst. Is the entry still open, or did we have to pre-register?? Im not interested in the tutorial comp, but the finished guitar comp.

However, im not sure if i even want to cariburst it, as it is going to be my display piece for stores and clients.