Project Sheena

andyt

Man that sucks. I hate when crap like that happins. its not like a swirl can be just redone, never comes out even close to similar. Id have gone ape **** & ripped into the manufacturer or supplier. :D

Iv had to refinish 2 guitars this year for a similar reason. fookin clear just wouldent harden enough to take a polish. Stayed all rubbery. So after a series of severe bollikins the supplier ended up buyin both guitars.

Fortunatly the customer was OK about it & waited for 2 new guitars, with oil finishes ha ha ha :D

cheers gents, I think I like this one better also..

The clear you bought in a can. Didn't it have hardner in it that you just push the button on the can and that mixes the hardener in? I thought I saw something like that. I forget the name of it.

normally the 2k I buy, has the button on the bottom of the can to mix the parts but this one didn't. (didn't know until it arrived) I asked the seller who said it mixes inside the can, ok whatever, fell for it despite loads of sellers offering the same thing on ebay. Anyway, recoated yesterday with the proper stuff so no worries

normally the 2k I buy, has the button on the bottom of the can to mix the parts but this one didn't. (didn't know until it arrived) I asked the seller who said it mixes inside the can, ok whatever, fell for it despite loads of sellers offering the same thing on ebay. Anyway, recoated yesterday with the proper stuff so no worries

Sorry to hear that! Yeap, if it doesnt have the second canister inside that you have to push or twist open, it is not 2K... I have used the one sell by Alsa and it is very good! But I rather spray it now, it is much cheaper in the long run!

• 2 weeks later...

Wowzah!!!!!!!! Thats nice.

I'm going to attempt a swirl. My well water is so pure and clean I think I'll get decent results with the paint floating. I've watched a lot of videos and the successful swirls all have certian techniques that are WORLDS apart from some of the , let's just say "less than stellar" jobs .... ( the red one in the shallow tub - !! )

You do swirls that look just like - if not better than - factory.

:D