Super Maple Strat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now finnish is buffed to high gloss

isn´t that too early ? Usually people let nitro finish cure month so or before buffing.

Yes if you use normal buffing methods but I used method were I melted lacquer with alcohol. when done many times it becomes glossy.

That doesnt stress the surface at all. Called "Pulituuri)

Now its ready (needs backplate and jack plate scrows were shity so i have to change them)

I will post better pictures tomorrow.

It plays really well and strings can run nearly on frets with out buzz.

Remember to tell how you like it.

IMG_0385.jpg

Edited by HenryM

looks good but no PRS style carves on the cutaway like in your drawing?

Yes I chaced my mind at the course :D I tought that cutaways would look too narrow if I carve them.

Also this maple was damm rock to work with so chisels couldnt get enything done.

If you thing how I did all carved spots, I made them with big belt sander.

Looks good Henry. Very nice joins on your wood. You have to look very closely to be able to tell it's not made from one piece of maple. That one pickup looks kind of lonely all by itself though.

SR

Thanks Scott, My friend told me exactly same about pickups but works for me :D

• 3 weeks later...
I think you managed to kill Crazy Train, but the guitar sounds very solid and chunky when you sustain chords! I bet the low mids would sound killer through a dimed JCM800...

Yeah :D I have big lack of practise on crazy train as I learned to play it at same day when I recorded this but I tought that black sabbath stuff would be boring. Is dimend jcm800 amp or what?

"Dimed" is just a term for cranking an amp to 10 (or 11). Not all amps work when cranked to 100% (my 5150 preferred around 6) but that's where the term comes from, or is at least most often used ;-) JCM800s are sweet when the master volume is on 10, as are cross-linked JMPs!! Very classic and characterful tones.

"Dimed" is just a term for cranking an amp to 10 (or 11). Not all amps work when cranked to 100% (my 5150 preferred around 6) but that's where the term comes from, or is at least most often used ;-) JCM800s are sweet when the master volume is on 10, as are cross-linked JMPs!! Very classic and characterful tones.

:D Ok I am dumb.