Doubleneck Finally Starting!

ocean blue burst. deep blue around the edges to light blue/turquoisy centre... hence the rather late addition of some turquoise inlays

its an alembic colour scheme that seems to work well - obviously makes the purpleheart more of a dark blue, but it looks good

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah - still need to clean them up a bit. i hate inlaying after fretting, originally i thought the nice expanse of mac ebony would be best - but with 2 necks to deal with it makes sense to have some markers and i was not about to refret it just to add some ovals and diamonds

alembic meets bc rich in a late 70's swingers party

My hope is that it nods towards those shapes and ideas without actually being like any of them. closest to an alembic triple omega i guess, but only because it has cutouts in the same place. the actual body and cutout shapes are quite different

i am the first to admit i am not this good :D

13498_heartomegadetL.jpg

• 5 months later...

well, after some deliberating i decided this should be finished by my cousin. he used to do all my spraying before he started a plumbing course - now that is done and he has had his business set up for a year or two he is ready for some spraying again. i was going to get mike to do this ( he has done much of my stuff for the last few years), and i know he would have done a great job - but i was a bit concerned about transporting it to scotland due to its size and me being slack in getting a flight case sorted

anyway - the good news is now that nath is back in the game, and i can finally drive myself around, i have somewhere i can go to do my own spraying - and get nath's help with the tricky stuff!

so today we did the burst on the double neck

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

sorry for the crappy phone pics, they dont show the nice royal blue-turquoise ocean burst as well as i would like... its a lot nicer in the flesh - but you get the idea

next stage it to mask off the burst and spray the rest a nice translucent royal blue

I wondered if were ever going to see this again. Looks like its well on its way towards completion. Was it always in the plans to dye the neck through timbers the same as the quilt?

SR

yeah, i think it would look weird with those bits left natural.

at this stage i am quite liking the natural back and side with blue top look - but it will get blue all over

i refer to my colour choice in the first post... well over a year ago!

trip_electronicsbig.jpg

but i was told to make it a bit more like this - so a deeper blue on the edges and a bit more green in the centre... got it pretty close, but maybe not as green in the middle

1-15.png