Guitar Of The Month For September

Guitar of the Month for September  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alll three are absolutely outstanding, but that Hand of Doom is beyond spectacular!!

Mine went to the OM. Acoustics are a WHOLE 'nother beast and take some great care that is a totally new art IMO from electric building. Congrats for taking the leap! Also, I HATE headstocks like your's... but the inlay and engraving work you did on your's really brought it back. Great job.

Chris

Sheeze! Only 3 entries but they're all so nice it's really hard to choose just one.

Love the uniqueness of the 9 string and of course the workmanship looks fantastic throughout. I especially like how well the headstock fits with the rest of the design even though the odd number of tuners can make good headstock design a challenge. To my eye, everything fits perfectly right down to the inlay, pickups and even truss rod cover.

Beautiful acoustic, which I haven't seen much of around here. Excellent workmanship again, but I think it was the binding that won my vote. It just looks so perfectly right to me. Also like the dragonfly on the headstock a lot.

Awesome SG of course too. That ziricote looks amazing and works exceptionally well with the bocote and sapele IMO. Certainly looks like a winner in spite of any problems that may have popped up during the build.

Great stuff all around!

Watch out for a huge number of entries next month.

Fo shizzle.

Had to be HOD, although I could see myself voting for either of the other two any other month.

Again, another acoustic makes me thing 'lectrics and 'coustics should have separate GOTMs.

But then, insanely good guitar should also be barred from entering, if you ask me.

I'd also like to see a separate first build GOTM (or maybe just GOTY) - no kits allowed and has to be your first build that would qualify.

You're having a good time baby, but that won't last

Your mind's all full of things, you're living too fast

Go out enjoy yourself, don't bottle it in

You need someone to help you stick the needle in, yeah

Say what???

Anyway, as mentioned, great entries all three. My vote went to the 9-stringer just because it was different. I think Leadbelly or some other early blues man played a 9-stringer, but I have not seen an electric one in a very long time (well it must have been in the foggy 70's)