Project S906

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA HA HA COOL :D

Never heard of anybody else doin the half a pencil thing, begining to think I was the only one.

That is how us old guys do things...

How else would you do it?

Well actually I dont do it exactly like this any more. I tend to use graphite refills from a clutch pencil now. Kinda the same thing except there is no pencil to wear away in the first place. but I still find my self sanding down pencils sometimes, till I remember I have a little box full of those refills.

HA HA HA COOL :D

Never heard of anybody else doin the half a pencil thing, begining to think I was the only one.

That is how us old guys do things...

How else would you do it?

Well actually I dont do it exactly like this any more. I tend to use graphite refills from a clutch pencil now. Kinda the same thing except there is no pencil to wear away in the first place. but I still find my self sanding down pencils sometimes, till I remember I have a little box full of those refills.

Oh the wasted money on specialty tools I can't find....

• 2 weeks later...

I strung this up a week ago. It sounds huge. I had a friend come over (guitarist from Pivot) and he was amazed that something so thin could sound so big... so that makes me happy. I have recently outfitted his Carvin, LP, and ESP with Diablo HBs (replacing his EMGs) so he is used to the sounds my stuff produces. I think once this thing is finished it will go do some shows with him before we start on his custom.

However I am trying out different bridges on this one so we are waiting on this stainless modern to arrive in the mail from hipshot. Should be here tomorrow and I will install it this weekend. I also have a set of strap locks for the guitar as the strap buttons look bad sticking out from the body.

I have this beast from ABM in my hands but it will not work on this guitar without recessing it. That being said I am already planning a build that uses it because it is that awesome. It looks like a wilkinson but it is made of real steel. Solid as a rock and perfectly machined with no play.

Hope to get finish on this one in the coming weeks if the weather straightens out... (behlen nitro)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If I ever own a super strat... I want that headstock on it! Great tastes man, and congrats on gettin' 'er gone!

Chris

sir - you make some mighty fine instruments..

Thank you sirs.

Now if the next batch turns out a little better I will be ecstatic. (I probably need therapy...)

• 3 months later...

And to think you used to use those tiny little thumbnails. Your threads were almost too much work to look at back then. This is much better.

I'm trying really hard to come up with some constructive criticism, as I know how much you value that....but I think I'd be here all night. :D

Okay...I'm trying to make some of those lines of text on your decal on the back of the headstock say Guitar Logistics to me....but I just can't do it. Other than the model number, what does it say?

This is excellent by the way.

SR