Scarf Joint Glue Line

What I mean is that I don't know if ER can even build a decent instrument himself.My understanding is that he outsources the building...

All it really means is that rather than his opinions being formed by what he has done,they are formed by what he has heard...and since I work directly with a guy that twists and distorts half truths into basically a jibberished based rant,I think I recognize the trait in ER.

Taking a true statement("Gibson's headstock design is not nearly as strong as a proper scarf joint") and turning it into a rant ("Gibson is stupid and they have been building trash for many years") is obviously a sign of an inferior human intellect or a guy who is just out to build a name and prove he is the best...with ER I think it may be both.

Of course I am paraphrasing.I think most people would be well served by discounting everything on his website the same way you would look at Alex Jones' rants...

When I first started learning about how guitars "work",I of course read through his entire site....it is on every search engine and it is entertaining..but once I started actually building and trying different things I found that all of his biased rants are just that...and a traditional Gibson style headstock is a very valid way of approaching that area of the guitar..surely not the best...but Gibson is not and never has been a progressive company..at least not for a few decades anyway.

My guess is that Gibson and PRS are ER's main competition...so he is pulling a campaign of mud slinging against them.You don't like that in your politicians..why would you give any more credit to ER?