Lespaul - Osorio

Osorio

The jigs are greate 3dog! I use to route de binding chanels before arch top was made, when still flat, after I make the pre-shape of the arch top.

Then the bind glue and excess trimmed with sand ending the arch.

But looking back the pictures my mistake was not cleaned or sanding well the body contour.

Tks Scott n 3Dog

The jigs are greate 3dog! I use to route de binding chanels before arch top was made, when still flat, after I make the pre-shape of the arch top.

Then the bind glue and excess trimmed with sand ending the arch.

But looking back the pictures my mistake was not cleaned or sanding well the body contour.

Tks Scott n 3Dog

Carved tops are a pain in the ass to bind. But I know that you'll make this one look great you always do excellent finishes... but with a quick jig you can plan a natural finished top with gorgeous binding. And be able to do it with less effort and clean up than you do now. Keep working hard Osorio.

I don´t think that arch tops in general are painful to do, I like especialy the PRS´s, gibson´s are good to do too.

I´ll try a jig in the next lespaul porject to route the bind chanels.

Of course I´ll keeping work, I love wood/hand working!!

Tks for the advices!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not exaclty at second floor, but in a mezzanine.

This is my shop/office in works (kitchen and bathroon remake)

DSC_0089.jpg

At mezzanine is the atelier above the living room (futurely) at back the kitchen and bathroon and where I´m am will be the office.

Its a place that I´m renovating to multiple use, to my kid plays, to make a mess out home, call friends to drink and eat something at fridays nite, to receive customers ( luthiery or informatics ) a multiporpouse room. When the winter comes I´ll put a fire place to warm de place and a barbecue at summers! kekeek

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well, after a couple weeks of hardw work and not any new pictures here, I´m back.

I had to refinish the top, the owner think that the first finish was to dark, so all top finish removed and done again.

The guitar it´s almost finish, it´s wired and sounds great, just need to put the covers ( switch, pots and trus rod ) and a very nice clean!

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00989.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

Realy nice guitar, The owner had the right idea on the colour. Anthough the original burst was prety cool aswell I think I prefer it as is.

Only negative thing I would say is about the name Les Paul on the head stock. I would not put that on there if it were one of my own. Gibson's legal department seriously love their jobs (if you get my point). Whatever about building it for yourself, I doubt they would be too pushed. But as soon as you make any money out of it, thats another story.

But still. Realy nice guitar man :D

Paul thanks for the coments!!!

I really get your point, about the Les Paul, and I agree with then but de customer want it this way, even I insist in not to do.

I think Gibson will not be interested in my few lespauls / year, but if so it will be a major victory for anyone who has a small shop like me.

Patents are applied here in Brasil, some bigger factories had some trouble with it.

But I still thinking that I a drop of water into the gibson ocean.

I thinking in change the LesPaul Model Logo, to AlesPaul model, this is ridiculous (kekeekekek) but original if you think that my name is Alessander. (of couse I´ll not do this keke )