For Next Project

Curtis P

Which one?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK guys, I seen a sweet guitar that friend had, Gibson Les Paul mock up, hollow body, but apparently its a bit harder then i thought, and i want a guitar for soft rock (play with a band who enjoys soft rock better then metal, fools) and my Washburn (fender strat look alike) just aint the greatest, so figurin Les Paul, always loved them, if i go to build it, be FULLY at school (body, neck(yes neck), fretboard, routing, planing, sanding, everything as a project, and i will do my Jackson tribute at home, which is no problem, just have to cut out(band saw) do some routing (got a router) some sanding (that new sander my dad picked up will come in handy!!) and then add the neck (I am going to buy this neck)

So, VOTE!!

Curtis

sorry guys!!!!! god, i wasnt thinkin about it!!!

I dont have any pics of it!! yet, i gotta wait till digital camera comes, and i still gotta wait until the 2nd of febuary to start fully on it, all i got is where the stuff will go, but check in the solid body forum and i will post some pics of what it will definetly look like, different angles and such

Curtis

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since I have more 1/2-finished guitars lying about than I dare declare, I certainly have no stand to tell you to wait.

When I get an idea, or I see a piece of wood, I HAVE to get started on it, I'm OK with getting the basics done and letting it sit, no biggie to me. I was always one to just plow the road and worry about the direction later on. Not quite as much these days as I was years ago tho...

This is the deal tho...if you do start another, you have to be willing to face disaster on both and wind up losing both for some odd reason. Plowing the road does come with a pricetag sometimes. I paid that price many times over, I got thru it with minimal tears...but that's me. I just keep plowing straight ahead, and if one or two (or three, or four, or five...) wind up in the fireplace, hey, so be it.

Crack 'em up, smack 'em up, toss 'em in the trash, C-YA!

And sometimes those were bodies I had put 4-5 different finishes on already...are you willing to do that?

If you would have a major problem if that happened to you, then better off careful as she goes...

What's your acceptable risk level? Mine is set very high, and I'm fine with it there, I enjoy it like that actually...although thru my losses over the years, I know more now, so I have the experience of my past failures to keep me out of the landmines for the most part now.

So, ...you OK with a few landmines blowing up your guitars and tossing them in the trash with no tears about it? :D:DB)

That's the question you have to ask yourself. :D

I just keep on plowing... :D