Wreck Copy Of Lp 7 String

Wreck

Looks like his routed grooves with a cove rounded bottom bit and then routed at 90 degrees with a v shaped bit. Can you explain the theory behind this for us?

Cool build though. The headstock could be a little clunky but the build is top notch!

Edited by chops1983

i can see how it could potentially influence the air movement within the cavities - which may well be important with a chambered guitar. but i dont think it would make a guitar chambered this way sound the same as a solid guitar - but might make it sound different to one with complete chambers

but then i am assuming thats why it has the pyramids - until i am told otherwise i cant see any other reason for it

Whatever...I like it.I like the way you did so much work even knowing you would never see it once completed.

It's so much nicer than all of the nasty chambering we see so often with the excuse of "you'll never see it,why bother?"

I know without a doubt that if you took that much time making an invisible area so nice,then everything else is top knotch as well.

hi my dear craftsmen!!

i am really glad that You like it..

this type of construction i've been exploring for 4 years and there is a notable difference between two same guitars, one built with that system and another without it. Not only in weight, which is about 30-40dkg lighter, but there is a significant difference in volume of sound and clarity of the same. You are right, as this is not tested in a test room for sound examination, as I really doubt that any of famous guitar and bass builders has done that, but You can hear the difference. This are not acoustic instruments, primarily those are a kind of a semihollow body instruments, so You have to look it that way. More about it is on my site www.wreckguitars.com if I am aloud to post it here, if not I'll understand if You move it or delete it, thanks anyway..:D

this is a small movie about one of my guitar, as the presenter speaks on a Croatian language, I'll post some spesc. down bellow..

Wreck Blue Morpho Classic

body--poplar

top---poplar rootwood

neck..maple/mahogany

fretboard---rosewood

fishman undersadle transducer with Aries 3way preamp

cheers!!

Very cool. One question though. I know that Kahler tremolos don't need a huge route like the Floyd Rose, but that top is strong enough to hold the bridge? I would think that over time string tension would start to pull it free from the wood. Just asking.

That isn't a Kahler tremolo, it is a Kahler fixed bridge. Looking at the thickness of the top, and the bridge recess only appearing to be a tiny amount, perhaps 1/16" deep, there should be plenty of wood there to hold the screws firmly.

hello!

yes it is a Kahler tremolo, but the photo was shot without the tremolo arm...:D

the screws are long enough to grab the body bellow the top as the tremolo is routed in the top...

Oh, my mistake. I couldn't make out the hole for the trem arm, or even the cam where the hole would be.

Aaaargh! I've been wrong twice in one week! My reputation is ruined :D