Project S907_express

Using West Systems epoxy to put this fretboard on. I used T-88 last year but the bottle was getting low so I thought it was time to start testing my expensive epoxy investment. I mixed up way too much but I like the results so far. The epoxy in the cup cured hard and clear with no funny tints or coloring and minimal bubbles. We will see how it survives this year as this is the demo guitar for this season.

P3290026.jpg

P3290027.jpg

Every time I see your Erwins lined up I think of the marching hammers in The Wall.

How much time did the CNC save you getting the blank to this stage?

SR

+1 Marching Hammers!

Usually takes me all day to get them to that stage. CNC got it there in about 4 hours while I did the neck work. But mind you that is without going in and tweaking my gcode. Over the next few weeks I will try to improve the cut times... I just have to be careful because the last batch of changes to the code almost cost me a body blank. I am still not to the point were I can setup a blank, kick it off and walk away.

Overall I think the CNC is going to double my production next year. This year it should be about the same as I spend as much time figuring things out as I would just doing them by hand.

I like this softer version of your carve, almost Ibanez S-ish.

Body in the background looks thicker than your usual circa-30mm. Special order? Looks like it might be undergoing a minor surgical alteration too?

Thanks. It hearkens back to the day when I modified all my Ibanez with a body grinder :D

In reality it is just a really comfortable arm cut that runs up to the horn.

The reddish orange spots are padauk dust... covers everything in the shop right now.

As for the body in the back... yeah custom. CNC didn't like what I asked it to do so I had to clean things up by hand. In the end the neck pocket needed a little shim to be tight-tight. It was not a noticeable gap but I want it tight enough to pickup the guitar. Should be less than a business card thick when it is done. I hate bolt on necks... and come to think of it I hate fixer ups and customization using factory parts (like necks)... and well you get the point.