Where To Get A Single Gotoh Midsize 510 Tuner

I sat in my garage for 3 hours tonight checking out my new Yamaha Thr10 amp that I just got. When I stood up to go into the house my dunlop staplock on the upper horn decided it would un-screw itself and my first build came crashing into the concrete floor. :D

Quick reflexes let me manage to place my foot between the bulk of the guitar and the floor but it still impacted pretty good and hurt the hell out of my foot.

It could have been a lot worse but its got a pretty nice ding on the edge of the body and it looks like some of the brunt of the fall bent the hell out of the tuner on the G string.

So does anyone know where I can purchase single Gotoh Midsize 510 Tuners to replace this with?

Any help would be great.

I'll probably be starting a thread on how I should fix this damage on the body soon too.

Contacting Gotoh is a pretty safe bet. In my experience, most tuner and bridge companies are very accommodating to builders. If you need a spare part of any kind, they'll generally work with you. I've gotten numerous free replacement parts from Sperzel and Hipshot (not whole tuners, just parts). I've never had to contact Gotoh, but I'm sure they're no different.

FWIW, Gotoh 510's are the best tuners I've ever used. It'd be worth buying a whole new set if you have to... but, I'm sure you won't. :D

Edited by NotYou

Bummers all around on the busted axe.

I got a bunch of individual mini-tuners for my ukulele project from LMI, they will sell pretty much any of their tuners individually right off the website. (Aside: why are uke-specific tuners so crappy? Anyone need a set?)

Just go to their tuner page and you'll find what you need: http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?CategoryName=Tuning+Machines&NameProdHeader=Gotoh%99+Steel+String+Contour+%28510%27s%29

:: Dave

Remove the tuner, wrap up the button and the body with PVC tape so as not to marr the surface, and gently bend it back into shape using pliers/vice/whatever. It's already unusable - worst case is you'll have to buy a new one (or full set), which you're looking to do anyway. On the other hand it may bend back fine and you won't have to get a new one.

Remove the tuner, wrap up the button and the body with PVC tape so as not to marr the surface, and gently bend it back into shape using pliers/vice/whatever. It's already unusable - worst case is you'll have to buy a new one (or full set), which you're looking to do anyway. On the other hand it may bend back fine and you won't have to get a new one.

Yep been there done that celebrated with a beer. Three years later and it still works fine. In fact I have to think to remember which one it was.