best fingerboard wood for a 7 string guitar?

StreamLine

what's the best fingerboard wood for a 7 string guitar, that will be used for shredding, death metal and jazz?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no, Black Metal is exactly is what its called.

white metal is christian metal, and black is the opposite.

to see what i mean, d/l one song by Burzum. you wont like it, but you'll see what i mean.

i dont understand where you got the black metal thing to be candlemass, i've been into metal for what, 4 years now (not a lot B) ) and i've always known the kind of metal like Burzum as black metal, i never heard it to be used to maiden-esque 80's bands.

and it is black metal, there are whole blackmetal communities, there is even www.blackmetalradio.com

:D

when i was a teenager in the 80s they did a whole documentary on mtv about black metal...and candlemass was one of the bands they interviewed.....if they have changed the definition since then,well that's another story.

in all honesty though i am glad to see that some kids are still into metal...but all these subcategories are really just nonsense...it is all metal

just checked out that site....that is death metal as far as i am concerned...it is very good though they have come a long way.

i see no musical difference between that and cannibal corpses or morbid angel....which is all death metal as far as i am concerned.if you are saying they are sub categorizing solely because of lyrical content...well then that is not much of a subcategory.

singing about satan is nothing new...it is so overdone it isn't even funny.

like i said as far as i am concerned that is death metal and trying to seperate it through lyrical content is silly,since you can't understand the lyrics any way.

and all that mindless bass,snare,bass,snare pummeling of the drums is pretty weak.it doesn't complement the music at all.

i guess now I am the old fogey who says(old man voice)" the music of today is not what it used to be"

well to my ears BM and DM are VERY different. well as different as two genres closely related can be, like hard rock and and *just* rock.

but hey, you're right down with the dividing, its all metal, thats whats important

:D

in 15 years time, i'll be that old man Wes, and i'll guess you'd be a well known luthier by then B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

osage orange