Sonokeling For Fretboards ?

I have a chunk of Sonokeling in the shop for years now that I had almost forgotten about. Was not sure what to use it for, But now Im thinking Fretboards. I have enough for maby 40-45 boards.

Has anybody ever used it as a fretboard themselves ?

How did they find it as opposed to rosewood (which is getting difficult to get here now)

Any opinions or info would be of interest.

If you have spare enough to sell let me know as I would be interested in some laminates. Being a chunk however, I think you might find losses through more cutting higher....plantation EIRW seems to have less consistent grain and more runout hence wood doing what it will. How does it look?

Isnt it the name for plantation grown indian rosewood ???

Your kidding ? Learn something new every day

I realy do need to read more on the alternative names for timber. I had a bench made up of 4 9x4 inch frameri boards for a few years, untill I found out it was Limba :D

Well that being the case Its time to hit the band saw & see how many I can come up with.

No idea why it is called Sonokeling. It seems to be more a name used when referring to the imported rosewood furniture like our dining table and coffee table. Yeah, I've considered "acquiring" wood from it, but my wife would kill me. My only job in life is to regularly give it an oil/wax/buff treatment. Looks great after a few years of abuse!