No pots?

Rogviler

It would sound very bright. If that's the sound you want then fine. If you want it to sound like having a volume control in the circuit set to 10 without actually having a volume pot, you can simply add a 250K ( or 500K or 1M depending how bright you want it) resistor across the output jack to simulate the effect of a volume pot.

Thanks for the link... I was hoping there would be some small bits you could add that would chill everything out. I might try the resistor thing.

It's just that I'm building kind of an out-there design and there isn't a place to put any pots. I guess one could cut the knob posts off and bury them inside the body if nothing else...

Thanks for the replies.

hm a tone pedal could be easy to do too........

so imagine, no controls on guitar, but tone and volume pedals........ pretty cool?

but i prefer the controls ON the guitar.... my effects rig is too big as it is!

Ah, pedals, I hadn't thought of that... I prefer controls on the guitar as well, I just don't know where I'd put them. Too bad they don't make ultra-mini pots so you could hide them in the bridge or something. Hey, maybe I'm the guy who invents them! :D

Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be sure to take some pics if I don't end up smashing mailboxes with it...

i got a great idea...... you could place the knobs on the side of the guitar, you know the surface on which the input jack is mounted on LP's, etc?

you could just do a tele control cavity size route, cover it with a plastic/metal plate on which you'd have the pots, with small knobs!

i hope you get me...... it like the acoustic preamp on guitar, where controls are on top........

but you'd have to have a think where the best face to put them would be, i think just above the input jack as you could see it etc.

arent i clever :D

Roman

That's a good idea, but when I say "not very much room" I mean... Well, imagine if you had a neck-through guitar without any wood on either side of the neck-through part, and the sides are covered up by stuff that you can't really mount anything to... :D

But at least it'll look cool and that's all that matters, right? B)

That's a good idea, but when I say "not very much room" I mean... Well, imagine if you had a neck-through guitar without any wood on either side of the neck-through part, and the sides are covered up by stuff that you can't really mount anything to...

But at least it'll look cool and that's all that matters, right?

Warren Cuccurullo had a guitar made from a wah pedal. I can't seem to find a picture or description of it online. It's not exactly like what you're describing but maybe you can get some design cues from other small bodied guitars :D. Hmm... only places left are around the strap buttons.

I personally HAVE to have the volume knob right where they are on a strat. My pinky would miss it otherwise B).

thats my thread!!! i feel special :-)

yea, i was going to do that to a Jackson tribute, i still might, but i dont know how bright the sound will be, i will be runnin it through a Yamaha 25 watt amp for now, then later on hopefully gettin a Trans Tube marshall (marshall did make the trans tube right??)

Good luck

Curtis