LP carved top Metal Jr

Those look like the ones i have been using for a few years. Where did you get them?

If they are, they are GREAT truss rods. I liked that they were completely shrink wrapped and like you mentioned, the housing that the adjusment nut is in. And they are less than half the price of a stew mac one. I buy them in packs of 5 at a time.

Figured I would show the reason for a volute with two way rods...you can move the volute up and down the neck for preference,but you have to move the rod with it.It all needs to be planned out with thought given to strength.when shaped properly a volute will feel good in first position when chording,even though it may look like it's in the way...it is not in the way...I model these volutes and their positions after my favorite ESP japan model.

542191_463327610374565_796671422_n.jpg

Ha!...I thought my neck looked strange...

I missed the nut width...it is supposed to be 1 5/8" and i made it 1 7/8"...that would have sucked to not catch that before fretting

46285_463427187031274_1944353574_n.jpg

Those joints look like the biggest pain ever. I would never wnat to do it.

Yeah i am not sure why they do it that way?Only advantage I can see is that it leaves better joint support on the treble side.

I just spent about an hour refining it a bit to create a lip at the bottom to completely hide the joint.

I don't think I can fret with the neck off with this joint.The fretboard flexes a bit under pressure at the ledge portion...Of course once it's glued in that won't be an issue.

Ha!...I thought my neck looked strange...

I missed the nut width...it is supposed to be 1 5/8" and i made it 1 7/8"...that would have sucked to not catch that before fretting

I have done that exaxct same thing before. And it was on the 2nd and last guitar i ever did with SS fretwire. I had to use a dremel.

I just figure if I want a guitar to be like an LP I should stick with the joint

juniors usually have full width tenons - gibson did it as a cost cutting measure but i actually think its one of their best features, i think you can even hear/feel the extra resonance when playing a decent junior

gibson left a extra bit of support in the cutaway which never looks great on more modern versions- but its not really needed anyway