cab help

whisky182

it's got a line out, it's a 4ohm combo, will that make a differance to the size of the cab i run it through?!?!

Wait a minute. Do you mean a line out or a speaker out? A line out is usually an out from the pre-amp section. Speaker out is from the power amp section. Just build your cab with speakers totaling 4 ohms.

Hmm... I just looked at your profile. I'm guessing you haven't learned ohm's law in school yet. Take a look at this thread for some more insight. So basically, you can build/buy either a 2x12 or 4x12 as long as you total 4ohms. It'd depend on the resistance of the speakers you buy. The aforementioned thread has the formula for calculating total resistance.

I'm not sure that 30 watt combo will move enough air to make a 4-12 cab worthwhile - maybe a single 12 in a Thiele cab would work. You may want to borrow a cab and hook it up to your speaker leads before you spend any money and then find out your amp won't drive the load.

i don't really want to put in 1x12" speaker, becuse the line out stops the speaker inside the amp form making a noise, the only way to get any more power out of it would be to put in 2x12" speakers!!!

well i know that u can disconect the internal speaker from the back of the combo out of the red socket but what ever u do u will not be able to run the internal speaker at the same time, i know this from my guitar player's marshall 100DFX combo. As for speakers try session, i dont know there web site, how ever i have seen a advert in one of my guitar mags and the cheepest speaker in there is the celstion 70 watt speaker with 96Db rating. It's there buget speaker so its only £25 each. i will try to find the ad and there number. Another goob british site for cab parts is www.wemwatkins.co.uk. i will look into it mor... now where are those links?

Your Line/Headphone Out (+4dBV) is not capable of driving an extension cabinet. Your only option is to disconnect the internal speaker leads and run them to your cabinet, and I don't think you'll find any improvement in volume. I've checked the manual, and there's no way around the headphone jack shutting down the internal speaker without rewiring, so unless you buy a power amp and speakers, that output won't help you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've spent a lot of money on ideas that wouldn't work, and I always wished afterwards that somebody had told me before I spent it. Good luck.

Your Line/Headphone Out (+4dBV) is not capable of driving an extension cabinet. Your only option is to disconnect the internal speaker leads and run them to your cabinet, and I don't think you'll find any improvement in volume. I've checked the manual, and there's no way around the headphone jack shutting down the internal speaker without rewiring, so unless you buy a power amp and speakers, that output won't help you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've spent a lot of money on ideas that wouldn't work, and I always wished afterwards that somebody had told me before I spent it. Good luck.

ah, so that's y when i tried running it straight through a monitor, it was really quiet!!!

ah, so that's y when i tried running it straight through a monitor, it was really quiet!!!

Hmm... I asked that a few posts back. It should be easy enough to add an external jack.

And I think 30watts will do fine with a 4x12 cab. I used to plug a 5watt practice amp into an old Sunn 610L (6x10) cab... it actually sounded pretty cool! :D.