Wah Pedal Mod

antique_dream

what do you mean by switchless??

when you plug your guitar calbes into it it automatically turns on so that its basically always functioning??

or do you want it so that you can switch it on just by toeing down the pedal hard??

either is fairlly simple

uh.......hes referring to the thing where it turns automatically on when you step on the wah and turns off when you take it off. Honestly i dont think its ever been done. I searched for it a while ago, fotr that exact mod. i think most of the mods done to the wah are true bypass and tonal changes. check out some of the wah mod sites. those gusy really know what they're talking about. Try emailing the guys in charge. im sure they'll be able to give you an answer. i'm pretty sure its kind of complicated, because it has something to do with a sensor and the potentiometer is in a completly different spot in the circuit. you'll probably wind of changing a LOT.

ah well if thats what he's looking for it wouldnt be that hard

if you have some access underneath the actually pedal (eg inbetween the underneath of the pedal andthe base of the unit) then you could drill a smal hole in the pedal and atatch a Double Pole Double Throw momentary push to make switch there. just rig that into the the circuit as a true bypass and that would mean that whenever u put ur foot on it to use the pedal it engages. the rest of the time it would be in true bypass mode

ah well if thats what he's looking for it wouldnt be that hard

if you have some access underneath the actually pedal (eg inbetween the underneath of the pedal andthe base of the unit) then you could drill a smal hole in the pedal and atatch a Double Pole Double Throw momentary push to make switch there. just rig that into the the circuit as a true bypass and that would mean that whenever u put ur foot on it to use the pedal it engages. the rest of the time it would be in true bypass mode

Shoot, I was gonna say that.

umm. . . . . . . . . . . :D

WHOH!!!!!!!! JUST HAD GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!

you could drill a hole in the place where you put your foot, and do a little momentary push-on button there, so every time you put your foot on the wah, it would hit the button and turn the wah on.

but it wouldn't work once you take your foot off.

oh well, another idea.

couldn't you just use a auto-wah? boss makes em I think and they are very popular for bass

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Run the existine wires to the rear of the pebal. Use the mentioned momentary switch. Get a spring so that the pedal urns itself off. That's how morleys are wired.

couldn't you just use a auto-wah? boss makes em I think and they are very popular for bass

auto wah's are sucky. if your gonna fork out cash for awah effect then get a pedal.

if you really really want an autowah then build it, they're amazinglly simple to do

• 2 months later...

they sell contact mats at the alarm stores that are pressure sensitive, talk to teh installer or the tech not the salesman i got a hole mat for 6 bucks and use it on dozens of wahs and other fx