Fireman build

Did you save some for a headstock veneer or do you have other ideas? To my eye, when a body is exclusively featuring one wood it reflects best in the headstock also. Off the top of my head, Pukko springs to mind as somebody who has an excellent eye for balancing out all of these aspects.

I was wondering when I might see somebody making one of these. Paul Gilbert has to be one of the nicest guys in rock short of Marco Minneman and Guthrie Govan.

Did you save some for a headstock veneer or do you have other ideas? To my eye, when a body is exclusively featuring one wood it reflects best in the headstock also. Off the top of my head, Pukko springs to mind as somebody who has an excellent eye for balancing out all of these aspects.

I was wondering when I might see somebody making one of these. Paul Gilbert has to be one of the nicest guys in rock short of Marco Minneman and Guthrie Govan.

Yes I saved a chunk for the headstock if I need it. I actually have a ton of the veneer. Enough to do 10-12 guitars. It's already pre-joined in 8" or so wide sections in big paper backed rolls. Got a few big roles of it from a millwork shop that was just looking to clean out their shop...$0.00 :)

I met PG once back in 90 or 91. Mr. Big came to town with Badlands and The Cult opening. I won back stage passes and met Paul, Eric, and Pat. I said nothing intelligent but yes, he was very nice. He actually said "hey i have to go brush my teeth I just ate something with onions", and then he came back out and found me to continue our conversation.