Project Fast LP

Wow. I don't even think that all of the big players that utilise heavy amounts of CNC work reach that level of accuracy and suitability for purpose. The only ones that spring to mind that truly surpass that high standard are Warwick/Framus and Taylor, and they have big big big dollars dropped into their operations. I want to see more from Fast Guitars. Rough idea on the street price Brett? Looking at their website it looks like an LP is about USD$680? Comparing that to the awful import kits, it's a significant hike up in the price but JUST LOOK AT IT. Out of the box too. Crazy cool if you're getting what is essentially a turnkey LP to custom specs that only needs fine sanding and finish. Even oiled/waxed and fitted with off the shelf SD pickups and "standard" (Gotoh, etc.) hardware that would be something to rival guitars what, 2-3 thousand?

Wow. I don't even think that all of the big players that utilise heavy amounts of CNC work reach that level of accuracy and suitability for purpose. The only ones that spring to mind that truly surpass that high standard are Warwick/Framus and Taylor, and they have big big big dollars dropped into their operations. I want to see more from Fast Guitars. Rough idea on the street price Brett? Looking at their website it looks like an LP is about USD$680? Comparing that to the awful import kits, it's a significant hike up in the price but JUST LOOK AT IT. Out of the box too. Crazy cool if you're getting what is essentially a turnkey LP to custom specs that only needs fine sanding and finish. Even oiled/waxed and fitted with off the shelf SD pickups and "standard" (Gotoh, etc.) hardware that would be something to rival guitars what, 2-3 thousand?

This is just a standard. No binding or tricks. They start at $474.51CA which is about $436.69US and shipping was $40US. Got it in a week to boot.

http://www.fastguitars.com/index.php/guitar-parts/standard-guitar-kits/carved-top-sc-4.html

I know it feels like I am dragging it out but basically you could have this put together and ready for finishing the day you get it if you do it right.

Now you can't speed lacquer cure times much but if you used a 2K finish it might be done in a week. Nice project for a "staycation" during the summer.

When I get it done I will get my friend to bring his first run Zakk Wylde Custom Shop and compare the two. I also have access to a reissue LP standard that we will compare.

Right now I am excited. With the right hardware you could have a LP with 2 clamps and a bit of glue.

Kevin did say he would set the neck if I wanted but then what would I do???

My only gripe is that the headstock does not match the "open book" style of a LP in the centre. That said, you cannot achieve this with a CNC anyway so it is understandable. It take a couple of minutes with a square file to fix that.

Right. A triangle file would fix it in a minute. I am not going to bother though...

I am thinking about a headstock inlay though. Maybe a hand with a skull in it?